Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

TN opening weekend (rifle)

Old 11-24-2008, 06:44 PM
Spike

Default TN opening weekend (rifle)

I was out of town for my best friends bachelor party and missed the opening weekend of of rifle in Tennessee. Just wondered if any other TN hunter's on here could tell me if the deer are moving well or if they are locked up with does breeding.

thanks
Old 11-24-2008, 07:46 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: TN opening weekend (rifle)

I hunt in East tn and saturday i saw 1 lone doe were normally I would have seen atleast 5 to 8 and then saturday evening I seen 1 doe being chased by something and I heard a few in the thicket running around,which I think they was being chased by a buck!I never could see though but by the sound of it,im almost sure of it.Then sunday morning Isaw 1 doe agian in a spot were I normally see between 5 and 10 deer!Then sunday eve I took a 8pt in a field that he appeared to be cruiseing for does!When I wasn't seeing any deer I figured they were in the lock down phase,but after seeing those does being chased and catching that buck cruiseing I just don't know!I say they are in between right now getting ready to go into lock down!What in the world was you doing at a bachelor party when deer season is open?Not enough booze or women to keep me from my deer hunting! You should try www.tndeer.com and sign up at there forums,tons of good info there and good people from your home state of good ole TN!And its all about hunting in TN.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:46 PM
Fork Horn

I hunt Murfreesboro and seen 9 does 3 Bucks that I could see and 2 bucks that were chasing does I was in stand till 10:30 Saturday. Husband saw 1 doe that morning and he was about 1 mile from me. Saturday evening saw nothing. We went Sunday morning stayed in stand till 11:00 Husband and I saw nothing. We were unable to go Sunday evening due to prior obligations.

Old 11-25-2008, 06:26 PM
Fork Horn

He had a bachelor party on the season opener! Man law violation for sure.