Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

man o man

Old 11-22-2008, 09:34 PM
Fork Horn

Default man o man

Well I think I am officially jinxed. I have been hunting deer for about 7 years now and have had 2 opportunities at 160 class bucks. But I can say that I haven’t got neither one was cause I was young and got buck fever. I blew trees up instead of the deer but today was just total bs. I got to my stand around 2 I start to climb my stand and I’m ¾ the way up and I hear crashing I look down and no further that 15 yards is this monster running. Of course he has to run behind me so I can’t get a shot of the ladder so my dumb ass jumps of and I land and I got a bead on this deer. But it’s too thick to shoot it runs to a clearing at 80 yards and stops right behind a tree. BUT MY LUCK instead of taking a step out instead spots my dad walking to his stand about 120 yards turns around and is making a b line straight at me but still behind the tree. Then cuts into the thick **** and I that was it. Ps I could have hit it in his rear end but I wasn’t taking that shot. About 2 hours later my dad shoots a doe around the area the buck went into do u think this deer will stick around this area or do u think it’s gone for good. Also I have shot around 12 doe never a buck.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:00 AM

Default RE: man o man

i don think he will come back i been in your spot a couple times. once you spook up the big ones you usually dont see them again.. but you never know i wouldnt give up on it
Old 11-23-2008, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

FBR is probably right. They don't get that big by being stupid.
Old 11-23-2008, 04:07 PM

Dang, that would suck. I can understand your feeling of being jinxed.I haven't even seen a deer.