Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What they see

Old 11-20-2008, 05:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default What they see

To me the un gloved hands and uncovered face are the biggest items seen by deer in the woods.The ungloved hands are like butterfly's and the face a big moon. I can spot a pale face way off, but w/ a face cover it is harder to spot. Also this thing about staring at a deer, how do they know that you are doing it?I never stare/concentrate on a deer in the woods, it's like they feel it, if I drop my stare they seem to ease off the alertness. Maybe I'm nuts (LOL), but try that and see if it doesn't work.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:56 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: What they see

I've never heard anyone talk about staring...I personally.. dont take my eyes off my potential prey.. and never had any adverse reaction from the deer. Movement on the other hand,caught the attentionofmany of them lol
I am however inclined to agree with covering the hands and face with camo.. but it may just be something i feel better about doing as I havnt really noticed a big difference from the deer when not wearing my camo gloves and facemask on warmer days
Old 11-20-2008, 06:00 AM
Site Buck Guru

Default RE: What they see

ORIGINAL: Buck Hunter 1

To me the un gloved hands and uncovered face are the biggest items seen by deer in the woods.The ungloved hands are like butterfly's and the face a big moon. I can spot a pale face way off, but w/ a face cover it is harder to spot. Also this thing about staring at a deer, how do they know that you are doing it?I never stare/concentrate on a deer in the woods, it's like they feel it, if I drop my stare they seem to ease off the alertness. Maybe I'm nuts (LOL), but try that and see if it doesn't work.
I agree with you 100%.