Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Posted Property

Old 11-19-2008, 05:12 PM

Default Posted Property

Have any of you scouted out a nice piece of land, only to return at the beginning of the season, to find it POSTED?[:'(] Not funny, cause it happened to me. Now I am working on some over pressured, over hunted public property.

I spoke to the guy that owns the land and he told me, that some guys ruined some saplings he had planted in his field, with their ATV.[:@] So no more access, he don't care who you are.[:@][:@]

Any suggestions on making this work because the season already started. I had previously hunted that other piece of property, that got posted, for almost eight years and now it's gone. I am kicking myself for putting all my eggs in one basket.[:@]

Also, I am new to the board, so hi everyone!

Wayne from NH
Happy Hunting!!
Old 11-19-2008, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Posted Property

Welcome to the forums.

That sucks. I have been very fortunate not to have that happen to me yet. Hopefully your other land will work out just as good for you!

Or Better!!!!
Old 11-19-2008, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hi. Welcome to the forums. Ask him if he wants help to replant. Maybe you will get in good with him and he will let you hunt it then.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:54 PM
Fork Horn

Nice thing about Wisconsin, its illegal no matter if private property is posted or not. It is the hunters responsibility to know if land is public or not. If its not public and its not yours just stay off. Simple....
Old 11-20-2008, 12:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice thing about Wisconsin, its illegal no matter if private property is posted or not. It is the hunters responsibility to know if land is public or not. If its not public and its not yours just stay off. Simple....
same in Iowa.
I agree with the idea of helping him out. Also tell him that you would maintain the posted signs. wouldnt hurt to ask.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Heck ofer to purchase and plant some trees . What is it worth to you to unt the ground! Ne has taxes, insurances and sweat equity in that ground. Offer some trees. Maybe someday you can take a kid back i 30 years and poit to the trees you planyed.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well its late in the season anyway. See if the owner would like some help replanting this spring as well as helping him out with odds and ends through out the winter months. This may get you in good with him. Make a friend. Visit once in a while, call just to say hi and bs with him. Let him know you can help him take care of the property and make sure no one else is messing around on the land.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:14 AM
Fork Horn

I agree with above posts. Try to rebuilt trust with the guy by helping him out and see what happens. It might take a few years but could be worth it.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here is what I would suggest bro, talk to the guy again and assure him you will not only respect his property but will keep an eye out for anyone who is trespassing or abusing it. You might want to offer to help him replant or replace some of the damaged trees in return for gaining permission again. Never hurts to try
Old 11-20-2008, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I used to live in NH. If you think you have it rough with finding a spot to hunt, come to Northern Indiana. All privately owned land is off-limits without permission. I'd trade with you in a heartbeat.

Quick Reply: Posted Property

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.