Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Cops Take Down Deer with M-15 Assault Rifle... >

Cops Take Down Deer with M-15 Assault Rifle...

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Cops Take Down Deer with M-15 Assault Rifle...

Old 11-20-2008, 05:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Cops Take Down Deer with M-15 Assault Rifle...

Most cops are carrying 9mms, 10mms, 40 cals, these are going to have a tough time taking down a deer especially a psycho rutting buck. They shoudl have just shot it with the rifle to begin with. This story reminds of a couple years ago back on opening day of our gun season. My neighbor goes to his stand climbs up and theres a bear laying on the deck of the tower blind house...He calls the dnr, they send out a female warden. the bear is aggressive, she pulls out her 9mm and shoots it in the air thinking its going to scare the bear away, wrong, pisses the bear off, my neighbor looks at her and says, do you really think that gun is going to kill this bear, shes like yea why wouldnt it, he asked if he could shoot it with his rifle, she said no, that woudl be against the law. He looks at her and says here take my rifle and you shoot it, she said she cant shoot a rifle??????? he looks at her and says well im going to a different stand, you can stand here and piss that bear off all you want, but im out of here. he left, and she wasnt too far behind him
Old 11-20-2008, 08:18 AM

Yea a couple of years ago a doe came running on to our schools lawn and ran right into a fence and killed its self wierd huh i thought deer normally are pst to jump over fences.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:31 AM
Fork Horn

ocward
Old 11-20-2008, 08:44 AM
Spike

Alderman Bill Kuehling, chairman of the city's Deer Task Force, says he learned of the incident shortly before the board meeting, but was not surprised. "This is the rut season, when bucks become aggressive and overly active," notes Kuehling. "I've recently had a complaint from a bicyclist who was chased by a buck. Apparently it mistook his handlebars for horns."

That's kind of funny they have a "deer task force". I wonder how you get that job. The other funny thing is that I think I may start taking a bicycle into the woods with me. I never throught a buck might be attracted to handlebars.

And the last thing. Isn't a M-15 a .223? I thought we all agreed that isn't enough gun to kill a deer.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:50 AM

hahaha....I live about 10 minutes from there. I know a lot of people who live there. I would pay to hunt there but Town and Country is kind of a more.....for lack of a better term...rich and proper neighborhood.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:51 AM
Fork Horn

this is crazy i cant believe that they would hire "sharpshooters" to go in and kill bucks only. this is so dumb. they oviously know nothing about controlling the herd population as this story confirms. They obviously have a huge problem with controlling the herd and do not know what to do about it, or up until this point have done nothing about it. Instead of having a controlled hunt, even if it were not with any type of gun but with bows, they would rather waste tax payers money and pay someone instead of gaining money and having hunters as ourselves pay for a tag and have them taken out. This is dumb. I live by Argonne National Labratories and they did the same thing. The deer population was so high they had to hire these so called "sharpshooters" to cull the deer herd. What is wrong with politicians?
Old 11-20-2008, 09:46 AM

Thanks for saying it, bcvd45. I never was a big fan of residents. The most vocal ones complain just too complain.