Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 WERE is the biggest Deer yu think >

WERE is the biggest Deer yu think

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

WERE is the biggest Deer yu think

Old 11-19-2008, 08:44 AM

Default WERE is the biggest Deer yu think

i wanna see wat other hunters think
Old 11-19-2008, 09:02 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: WERE is the biggest Deer yu think

ORIGINAL: Full Blown Rut

You need to add, All The Above option.

Because all 3 places could hold the biggest deer.

I would Vote - All The Above.

JMHO
Old 11-19-2008, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Suburbia America. Criteria for big bucks is low to no hunting pressure, good supply of generally nutricious food, and decent genetics. Usually all of them are found in Suburbia America.

For example; deer in the Washington D.C. area flourish in surrounding suburbs. If you were to drive through the parks in DC you would see (this time of year, especially) some of the biggest bucks you have ever seen.

In surrounding areas you can drive at night and see monster bucks roaming through suburban lawns and streets.

Big farms usually have somebody hunting it = Hunting pressure.

Little patches of woods: It's hard to make a distinction between this and suburbs or big farms.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

Saskatchewan in the big woods.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:54 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: chazspot

Suburbia America. Criteria for big bucks is low to no hunting pressure, good supply of generally nutricious food, and decent genetics. Usually all of them are found in Suburbia America.

For example; deer in the Washington D.C. area flourish in surrounding suburbs. If you were to drive through the parks in DC you would see (this time of year, especially) some of the biggest bucks you have ever seen.

In surrounding areas you can drive at night and see monster bucks roaming through suburban lawns and streets.

Big farms usually have somebody hunting it = Hunting pressure.

Little patches of woods: It's hard to make a distinction between this and suburbs or big farms.
Suburbian America does hold some monsters, I hunt where your talking about, have been for 15 yrs. But I also hunt farms and I got to say on average, the body size of a Farm deer is bigger. Sure the suburban deer can live longer, but cars hunt them all year, and i have lost some good bucks to cars getting a shot at them first, its frustratin cause its a waste. Also, the biggest problem with suburbian deer now is that there is too many and the food source is depleted. The woods i hunt look barrin even in the summer, everything is browsed from the forest floor to about 8 feet up, no undergrowth!!! There are some big ones but there are some small ones. The trick is to get just on the edge of suburbia where they still have farms mixed in with neighbor hoods, the mix thats where they get big. They got food and less pressure, shot one last year in area like that they dressed over 200lbs.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:56 AM
Fork Horn

Iam with chazspot. Up around chainbrigde rd and glebe rd are some monster bucks and some really big does.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jrbsr

ORIGINAL: Full Blown Rut

You need to add, All The Above option.

Because all 3 places could hold the biggest deer.

I would Vote - All The Above.

JMHO
I agree 100%.

Hunting pressure does play a part but those big old bucks didn't get that big by being stupid..(bet ya never heard that before ) You also failed to mention big woods. Those areas may hold the biggest deer. Some of the biggest deer in any state/province come from northern New England, and similar places, with miles of uninterupted woods. Plus the deer must be big just to survive those nasty winters with snow measured in feet and temps well below zero for weeks at a time. The point well made by timbercruiser!
Old 11-19-2008, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

You would be surprised by the hunting pressure in suburbia. Every acre of hunting ground has somebody hunting it. I got permission to hunt a country club this year. I figured I'd have the place to myself. There were tree stands everywhere. A lot of folks knocking on doors everywhere in suburbia.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

All of the above.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Perhaps the botomlands of major river systems. They tend to have damp soil and therefore lush vegetation.

Quick Reply: WERE is the biggest Deer yu think

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.