Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

My BIGGEST buck ever!!

Old 11-16-2008, 05:33 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: My BIGGEST buck ever!!

Great looking buck, Congrats!
Old 11-16-2008, 05:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Very nice.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

great buck. hes one heck of deer. congrats
Old 11-16-2008, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great buck Congrats !!!!
Old 11-16-2008, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

thats a nice one fo sho
Old 11-16-2008, 06:29 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats on a great buck.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:35 PM
Typical Buck

Story:

I had taken all of last week of work to hunt. Started hunting the 7th.

I hunt in southeast Ohio (Athens County), on my private 100 acres. I took a very large 11-pointer last year there during pre-rut (Oct. 28th).

All week I saw a ton of deer, more than I could track including a significant number of immature bucks. Some of these bucks were "decent" 8-pointers, but nothing I would get excited over.

I was gettin a little frustrated after hunting for a week hard (8+ hours a day) and Saturday rolled around and I woke up to a pouring rain storm. I had to muster all of my courage to drag myself out there, luckily I had a covered stand, but would get drenched getting to it. I crawled in my stand just before dawn and sat down. Just around daylight a large buck came out and crossed the small field I was set up over, I couldn't make out his rack, but he was a big bodied buck. He came out sniffed my estrous lure and walked away before I could get a look at him. More frustration!

About an hour later a doe came out to feed in front of me. I was excited by this, because I knew what "could" follow. About 5 minutes later a "shooter" ten pointer comes following my estrous trail I layed down. The trail was over my shoulder, but curved back in front of me. This wasa great deer by any measure and I picked up my cross-bow (Excalibur Vortex) and waited for him to cross my path as I chose to take him if the opportunity existed. Just as he came into my shooting lane I caught a glimpse of the BIG 8-pointer to my right. My heart started racing and I turned my attention towards him.

Doe in the middle and two mature bucks on either side (15-yards). The doe took off in the woods away from me and the bucks followed quickly. The 8-pointer hang at the edge of the woods at 30 yards looking dead in, butt-end towards me. I gauged him and decided if he would quarter at all I would let my slick-trick fly.

He quartered ever so slightly and I lauched my bolt, it entered him just in front of his calf and stuck completely into his chest (THUD). He ran 125 yards downhill and crashed. No blood, but I could smell his tarsals a mile away when I went looking for him about an hour after the shot.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

WOW!! Great Job!
Old 11-16-2008, 07:15 PM

nice buck
Old 11-16-2008, 07:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Great buck! Congrats!

Quick Reply: My BIGGEST buck ever!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.