Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What a Tool

Old 11-14-2008, 07:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default What a Tool

A couple years ago this guy moved into the area where my parents live and bought 40 acres of really good hunting ground. He immediately posted it and throws a fit if he catches anyone on it. He even came over and checked me out one time because I was on a friends land right across the road from his. He is also a diehard bow hunter and told me that using a bow is the only sporting way to take a deer. Anyway,back in mid-October my dad and his hunting partner found a stand set up over bait on the land that they hunt that was only about 30 yards from one of their stands. They (after checking with the landowner) left a note telling the person that they had no business being there, especially with a baited stand. Well, guess who it turned out to be? It was Mr. Bowhunter. This moron actually called the landowner about the note. She informed him that he wasnt supposed to be there and baiting was illegal. This tool told her that he had baited it but the rain should havewashed it all away by now. Don't you just love this time of the year[:-]
Old 11-14-2008, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What a Tool

"stay off my land but i'm coming on yours"
" bowhunting is the only sproting way to take a deer" then the guy uses an illegal bait pile

Yeah Lanse, I'd go with Tool
Old 11-14-2008, 07:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Rock, I think that your Father and his pertner (or anyone else hunting that property) need to be extra careful. This tool took the liberty to illegally bait (and feed wildlife) but on SOMEONE ELSE'S PROPERTY.

Why? More than likely because 1. he knows it is illegal, and 2. the blame would not come to him (easily denied).

Reasons to be careful? There may be other baited areas andwhether a person knows about the bait or not, a CPO can (and will) cite the nearest person in most cases. Plus, as he has proven to be a mule's butt - he may very well be the one to make the call to report the baiting.

Be safe. Be cool.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah, I had discussed the legalitieswith my dad when they found the bait. He had considered calling the GW, but elected to be nice and just leave the note and get the person out of there. He hoped that the deer, squirrels and other animals would get rid of all the bait long before they were ready to hunt the area. Folks around there are inclined to settle things like that amongst themselves rather than getting GW's involved. They are very rare around there anyway, and most folks like it that way. I'm just disgusted with things because the bait is pretty close to a pond where i want to huntwood ducks later in the year. The crazy thing is thatthere are plenty of deer there withplenty of trails and bedding areas, so who needs bait anyway.

Dunno if my dad handled it the right way. I'm just so fed up with all the crap that goes on during deer season nowdays that I just try to stay out of it.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:59 AM
Typical Buck

yeah people like that get under my skin... I had another hunter call the game warden on me to harass me cause i was hunting down the road at really good spot and he was jealous. He expressed his hatred for me hunting there over and over.The game warden was pissed when she found out the call was out of spite, i told her where his stand was and wouldnt you know it, he was baiting too.. Illegal here too. She yanked his a$$ to jail, got him for a false call and baiting and hunting off property on a state park too..

Bottom line its Jealousy, some people want it all to themselves. Lance id let the law catch him when he does it again, let him know whats up in your neck of the wood.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

The crazy thing is that he has a beautiful piece of property that goes backinto a large creek bottom. That area held deer back in the 70s when you hardly ever saw deeranywhere else. One of my major peeves is someone who owns plenty of great hunting land, but will go running over to other land and put up a stand next to someone they know is already hunting there if they hear of a big buck hanging out.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:25 AM
Typical Buck

yeah it makes no sense but i can relate to that behavior the guy that called the GW on me that ended up getting burned was hunting 50acre lot in a county where the average lot is 1/4 of acre. My lot was only 15acres and that was cause i had two houses in a row and thats a hell of alot of woods for that area. His also backed up to 200 acre perserve, he had more deer then any one else in the county yet he was jealuous and hunting off the property. Your guy sounds like that guy. They got it all and they want more!! greedy... Unfortnatly a lesson should be tought, you see him off his property and baiting, call the law, I know it sucks but he is got to learn to stay at home.. He will keep pushing the envolope if he gets away with it. He is obviously so consumed he doest care about others
Old 11-14-2008, 08:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well, once word spreads about this, as it tends to do, i think that lots of folks are gonna be keeping an eye on this guy. He is also gonna find that some folks may be less inclined to respect his no trespassing signs. [:@]
Old 11-14-2008, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

A tool indeed.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:39 PM
Typical Buck

Tool, tool, tool........