Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 The Brock Lesnar 27 point buck >

The Brock Lesnar 27 point buck

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

The Brock Lesnar 27 point buck

Old 11-14-2008, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The Brock Lesnar 27 point buck

That buck would also get beaten by Randy Couture.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:35 AM

ORIGINAL: XzyluM

I'm sure Randy is getting a huge chunk of change. Just to think about the fallout he had with Dana White and his giving up his belt and then Dana White screwing him over with his contract and not bringing in quality fighters he wanted to fight says a lot. Maybe he took this fight as a last resort to end his contract (he only had one fight remaining on his contract), but I do feel Lesnar is training hard and improving fast. His ground and pound is brutal. And he has plenty of knockout power. If he beats Couture, I'm sure that will validate him as a contender. His wrestling is great, but if he isn't trying to learn new things, I agree he could be in for a huge suprise. I by no means consider this one of the biggest fights. I laughed at the hype as well. Penn vs St. Pierre and Fedor vs Couture...now that's what I call huge fights.
As much as would like to see Lesnar put a little excitement into the HW division, unless he has improved dramatically, Randy is going to hurt him. His round and pound is only brutal against someone with little defense. His striking, while improved, is still dismal. The base he uses is begging for a submission. He needs to change the way he fights and improve everything in short order if he's going to last in the UFC. I hope he has, it would suck to buy a PPV for a 1 minute fight.

My prediction: Randy by submission or choke in round 1.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bornagainhunter

ORIGINAL: uncle matt

Until Lesnar gets a good knowledge and understanding of Ju Jitsu in him he I don't think he is as much of a threat as he is hyped to be at all. Just brawling does't go far and pure wrestlers need more too.

I laughed my ass off when I saw this fight hyped as the biggest fight or whatever they called it. Randy Couture, 3-time Champion. Brock Lesnar, 2000 college wrestling champion. What? His college championship is supposed to mean something? I don't think so! What's next? A 3-time pogo stick champion?

If you know anything about "real" wrestling you would have seen exactly what it means when he fought Keith Herring. He is so fast and when he got on top of keith herring he "rode" him and controled him the entire match. But thats just wrestling stuff!
Oh no I don't know anything about wrestling at all. Lesnar did pretty much totally control herring and got a decision. But with all that awesome power - where was the knockout? Why no tap?

Lesnar has a long way to go. And if he beats Randy with a quick or early sudden KO I don't think anyone is going to give him alot of credit. He's gonna have to earn the credit by giving Randy a real pounding IMO.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:11 AM
Fork Horn

Couture asked for the Lesner fight...thats the only way he was going to end his little hissy fit with the UFC for not being able to sign Fedor....

As much as I respect Couture, im taking Lesner. Couture hasnt fought in over a year is only 220lbs. His last notable wins were against Gabriel Gonzaga and Tim Silvia, neither of which could wrestle with Couture. Lesner can wrestle and is alot faster than Tim Silvia...Lesner is very inexperienced, but no fighter i have seen has been thrown to the wolves like Lesner has in his 1st two fights in the UFC. Lesner is big, strong, fast, athletic, has strong wrestling skills, has huge fists, and is learning the MMA style very very fast....

As far as Frank Mir and Heath Herring being "No Names" wow man you dont watch alot of fights. Heath Herring has fought in Pride, Dream, And the UFC. He has had over 30 professional fights and gone the distance with some of the most elite fighters in MMA multiple times...Lesner pounded on him for 3 rounds... Frank Mir is a former UFC champ and a UFC VET heprobaly has the best submission game at heavyweight....Lesner had Mir beat and was stood up without warning for 1 punch to the side of the head...He again took him down at will and pounded on him some more before being caught in a submission...

Lesner was in Pro Wrestling, so he can talk and hype a fight up...Yep its acting...its done in Boxing as well. Lesner and Couture are gonna keep talking all week to entice PPV buys and will be best buddies after this fight....
Old 11-14-2008, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm sure both are getting a ton of money because this fight will have the highest ppv buy rate in UFC history. That's why it's being hyped to the moon and back. The sold out crowd, plus biggest ppv buy rate with the highest price for a ufc ppv at $44.95 and $54.95(hd) equals the biggest fight in UFC history.

As for Brock....if he improves from his last fight to this fight like he did from Mir to Herring then Randy will be in big trouble early and often. Lesnar was handing Mir his ass until he got caught in that leg bar, which Mir said was his only shot at winning after Lesnar was able to pull his arm out of a deep arm bar attempt with relative ease. I am really looking forward to this fight, and believe Lesnar will take it.

As for the deer....awesome buck and a cool name for it as well.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:44 AM

ORIGINAL: CarpetBagger

As far as Frank Mir and Heath Herring being "No Names" wow man you dont watch alot of fights. Heath Herring has fought in Pride, Dream, And the UFC. He has had over 30 professional fights and gone the distance with some of the most elite fighters in MMA multiple times...Lesner pounded on him for 3 rounds... Frank Mir is a former UFC champ and a UFC VET he probaly has the best submission game at heavyweight....Lesner had Mir beat and was stood up without warning for 1 punch to the side of the head...He again took him down at will and pounded on him some more before being caught in a submission...
Herring is a good fighter. He would be even better if he would get into shape. Mir is on the backside of his career, but still can give anyone a good fight, and will beat anyone if they do something stupid. There are some good heavys out there, but not two dominant guys like you need to push the division.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:28 AM
Typical Buck

Are you sure it is the 22nd. I was thinking it was on the 15th (tomorrow).
Old 11-14-2008, 11:54 AM

Rack Luster,

Her husband works for Robinson Outdoors/Scent Shield - not Scent Lok ...
Old 11-14-2008, 05:50 PM

ORIGINAL: teedub31

Are you sure it is the 22nd. I was thinking it was on the 15th (tomorrow).
Whew! Thanks for mentioning that. For some odd reason I was thinking it was the same day as gun season opened here. The fight is indeed tomorrow night, November 15th.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Anyway guys back to the buck. That's one awesome buck,and I wouldn't mind chasing that doe around the woods either.

Quick Reply: The Brock Lesnar 27 point buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.