Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Gift for a hunter?

Old 11-12-2008, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Gift for a hunter?

I think its awesome. I am a photoshop guy and I know how much hard work it took to do that. I would love for my wife to bless me with something like that. If you're still in doubt just buy him a new gun to go eith it.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:43 PM
Spike

Will you marry me?

heheh just kidding...it looks awesome to me...I would love it...
Old 11-12-2008, 08:52 PM
Fork Horn

id love it so im sure he'll like it... great idear
Old 11-12-2008, 10:07 PM
Fork Horn

That is awesome. Frame it then market your idea cuz I know I would pay to have that done just the way you did it. VERY COOL.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:40 AM

I'm so thrilled that it's a hit! You guys are great for the ego! LOL I actually do make silhouettes, but of children and things like that. I just did this on a whim (hope and prayer). Any ideas on where I could try to sell something like this, if I wanted to start doing it?

Again, you guys rock, thank you so much for the wonderful comments and fantastic input!
Old 11-13-2008, 09:15 AM

Very nice, I'd love to have one for myself. If/when you decide to sell these to the public, let us know and I'll get pics ready!
Old 11-13-2008, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: MrsHearn

Hi, I'm just looking for a little input (good idea/bad idea) on a gift I made for my husband for Christmas. I took pictures of his 3 biggest bucks (two we have wall mounts of, one is at the taxidermist!) Anyhow. I took pictures of the heads and used photos from another buck to get bodies for them. This is what I ended up with.

I call it "The Hearn Bucks" and I used the actual heads/racks of his bucks to make this. I think it's a great idea for a gift, but he's a guy, I'm not, so who knows.

As a hunter, is this something that you'd actually like? Would it be meaningful and how big should I have it printed up and framed? I was thinking bigger than 8x10, probably something large enough to be used in decorating. Make sense? Oh and is there anything you just don't like about it?

Thanks for any input! Sorry to be kind of off subject, but I figured some hunting men might be most helpful Thanks again!

I think that is very good.
Go one farther and print it on some T-Shirts.
And have these are the bucks That I have taken.

You are a very Cool Wife.

JMHO

Old 11-13-2008, 09:49 AM
Spike

He is gonna really like that..Very nice job..
Old 11-13-2008, 09:55 AM

That is nice looking, and obviously you worked very hard on it. I would rather have something like this than something someone bought for me, short of a custom Robar rifle. BTW, your husband has killed some nice deer.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:09 AM
Fork Horn

Very thoughtful. I would really like it.

Quick Reply: Gift for a hunter?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.