Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

euro mount question

Old 11-11-2008, 07:55 PM
Typical Buck

Default euro mount question

I came across two different products and didnt know if anyone had given them a try. I have a skull at skulls unlimited in Norman, Ok being worked on now, so I am looking for a way to display it. I thought of making a wall plate and was looking for some design ideas on the net and came across this. any input on this
http://www.eurobracket.com/

Also I have a nice sset of antlers that I cut off with a skull cap. I have alwasy wished I had done a euro mount on it as well. I came across a neat mounting kit through cabelas that uses a replica skull that you attach you antlers to. You could actually use it to mount sheds also. Anyone have an experience with this also.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0057445229205a&type=product&cm Cat=SEARCH_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&Ntt=european&Ntk=Products&amp ;sort=all&_D%3AhasJS=+&N=0&_D%3Asort=+ &Nty=1&hasJS=true&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2F en%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form1&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1

Thanks guys and gals for any input
Old 11-12-2008, 05:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: euro mount question

Im liking the idea of the Cabelas one. No more bleaching and crap and waiting. Just cut the horns and ready to go! I think I may just have to pick one up.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:49 AM
Typical Buck

I have been thinking of using the cablea's one for a buck I shot last year that we left over ngiht and the coyotes got ahold of.[:@]Been trying to find a cape for him but all the deer I have shot are way to small for his horns.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

i like the cabelas one. sounds easier to do. i picked up a van dyke's kit not to long ago. i still have to try it
Old 11-12-2008, 07:45 PM
Typical Buck

Here are two other ideas. One is a reproduction skull that you can attach antlers to. It looks really good in the picture I just wonder how it is in person. Good thing is they are 40 bucks and come in 4 different sizes

Old 11-12-2008, 07:45 PM
Typical Buck

sorry here is the link
http://www.taxidermy.com/cat/12/european.html

Old 11-12-2008, 07:50 PM
Typical Buck

Here is another company that I found that "metallizes" skulls. They look really good, but it can be pricey. For a skull that is already cleaned it is $170 for deer and for an unprepped head (hide on) they charge $240. They look great but I wonder if I could achieve the same outcome with some spray paint and some stain.
Here is thier link
http://www.skulltaxidermy.com/metalphotos.html

Old 11-13-2008, 05:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: davs2601

Here is another company that I found that "metallizes" skulls. They look really good, but it can be pricey. For a skull that is already cleaned it is $170 for deer and for an unprepped head (hide on) they charge $240. They look great but I wonder if I could achieve the same outcome with some spray paint and some stain.
Here is thier link
http://www.skulltaxidermy.com/metalphotos.html

Seen some people do that here. Pretty awesome.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man I like the Cabela's one. I may have to try that. I have a nice buck from a few years back I put on a cheap kit. I remounted it again on another one. Still seems to fall apart after a while. I've though of using the antlers to rattle but didn't want to ruin it if I wanted to put it back on the wall. This way I could remount it on this no problem.

Thanks for the idea. I may just try that.

If anyone has used one please let us know how it went.