Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Who smokes while they are hunting? >

Who smokes while they are hunting?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Who smokes while they are hunting?

Old 11-13-2008, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who smokes while they are hunting?

I do not smoke.

My older brother on the other hand, easily downs a pack a day. In '99 opening day he shot a 160" deer from one of our family's farms....with a bow....with a smoke hanging from his lips...work clothes on with his work boots. He should be in a study sometime...b/c he goes hunting after working and farming...smelling like BO x 10! Every year he gets a good deer.

He gives me a hard time to this day every time a discussion comes up about scent elimination products. His famous line, "Sucker born every minute. Deer are stupid."
Old 11-13-2008, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I dont smoke but i dip snuff in the stand. My dad use to smoke though and backin the early 80s he killed alot of deer while smoking in the stand, along without plaid shirts and jeans on out of his now 'antique' climbing stand
Old 11-13-2008, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I quit smoking this year. So, this will be the first time I've hunted in 25 years and haven't smoked while hunting. I'm giving those tooth picks hell though.....
Old 11-13-2008, 02:52 PM
Fork Horn

I smoke about a pack a week, but when I'm at hunting camp, or fishing, I smoke a pack a day.Don't smokewhen I'm bow hunting, but with rifle I smoke.I'll hold off opening day, at least till noon, maybe have one or two, then stop from 2 - 5. I'll throw on some more cover scent, and your good to go. When does or small buckscome in the area,I'll wait awhile, but if they bed down, I'll purposely light up toget their reaction, and they really don'tgive a damn. An alert, older doe will bolt if the smoke hits her, but not all the time. When I started hunting, all the older members smoked when hunting andshotbig deer. Is now any different than then ?
Old 11-13-2008, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

A smoker who pays attention to wind issues, will fare better than a non-smoker who doesn't, IMHO![:@]
Old 11-13-2008, 09:48 PM

ORIGINAL: crokit

A smoker who pays attention to wind issues, will fare better than a non-smoker who doesn't, IMHO![:@]
X2

I smoke while still hunting and use the smoke as a wind checker. Yes, I have seen deer with a cig hanging out of my mouth and yes they were fairly close. 2 years ago I had one walk up on me about 15 yards away while I was trying to pull my waders up. She glanced at me as to try to figure out what I was then went on eating. I watched her for a good 10 mins or so before she walked away and she never acted spooked in any way. Oh yeah, I had a cig lit while I was relieving myself. Put it out just before pulling up my waders.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:52 PM
Fork Horn

i smoke in the woods and i think thats part of the reason im not seeing as many deer as i should iuse a bottle with water and tie it to my stand to put then out in so the butts are not just on the ground stinking the place up but i think i might just stop smokeing in the woods i bet i would see alot more deer
Old 11-16-2008, 06:46 PM

If your hunting & smoking @ the same time your not hunting.....
Old 11-16-2008, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont smoke and I wouldnt if I did while hunting. But I've seen deer sniff and smell cigarettes and never react.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TreeStalker

If your hunting & smoking @ the same time your not hunting.....

?????. LMAO. What state do you hunt in, Herschel?

Quick Reply: Who smokes while they are hunting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.