Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Help me feel better

Old 11-09-2008, 11:54 AM

Default Help me feel better

I was a sportsmanon openingand didn't shoot the spike buck that walked underneath my deer stand; hoping he will grow up to be a trophy. Afterwords I found that everyone hunting the woods I was in is shooting spike bucks.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Help me feel better

This is why it is called hunting, not killing.
Old 11-09-2008, 01:16 PM
Fork Horn

dont beat yourself up about it. Think the bigger picture eventually you will get the chance at a big one then all the ones you passed on over the years wont even be a thought. Let em grow.
Old 11-09-2008, 01:19 PM
Fork Horn

dont worry about it that just goes to show the control you have and how trigger happy they are....i know alot of folks that go by "if its brown its down" and i just dont believe in that
Old 11-09-2008, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

IMO you did the right thing even though it's hard to do. I have killed two doe(1 bow & 1 muzzleloader) and have passed on several spikes and forkhorns, so I understand your frustration.
Old 11-09-2008, 04:43 PM
Fork Horn

good choice...you cant dictact (unless you are the LAW) what others do...so dont worry about them....just yourself
Old 11-09-2008, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have passed on a fork horn and a spike this year. Both broadside within 10-12 yards. And I havent even taken a buck with my bow yet, only a doe. its all about what will make you happy
Old 11-09-2008, 06:51 PM
Fork Horn

Passed on a 5 and an 8 today. I always pass little ones. Should probably have taken the 8. He was nice. Velvet remnantshanging from his tines. Was pushing a couple does.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:05 PM
Typical Buck

I've past on some small bucks over the years hoping they'll become bigger bucks the following year . Then you hear the guys in the woods that boarders the woods you hunt in to open fire i don't know for sure if they get all that they shoot at but I've never seen them again .One was a small drop tine 7 pter, first drop tine I've ever seen in the woods . This year is the worst year for me ,I've been out alot and only seen 4 doe's and one small 3pter, Normally i have doe's and bucks coming in al around me but not this year just about to hang it up for the year.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:15 PM
Fork Horn

let them waste tags on spikes. hunt for a mature buck.

Quick Reply: Help me feel better

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.