Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

shotgun guys.............

Old 11-04-2008, 06:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default shotgun guys.............

im tryin the lightfield hybred elite 3in this year, after having no luck with winchesters xp3s at 20$ a box. anyone had good luck with the lightfields?
Old 11-04-2008, 06:52 PM

Default RE: shotgun guys.............

not with light field but yes with bernekes

Old 11-04-2008, 09:41 PM
Fork Horn

Lightfield EXP's are awesome.Very accurate and great expansion on deer.

But do you really need the 3" Magnums? I shoot a 2-3/4" 20 gauge and it has beenbad medicine for deer with the EXP's so far.
My shoulder hurts just thinking about shootingthem off of a bench.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:37 PM
Fork Horn

It's been my experience also that the 2-3/4 group better than the 3's, and as previously stated, your shoulder will thank you.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had the same experience with Winchester shells. They're straight garbage! I love Remington so I'll support them by buying their shells. And my 11-87 loves them.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:28 AM

The man who got me involved into slug guns swears by them. If he says Lightfields are good..... You can take it to the bank.

Also note I already had my gun sighted in with Hornady SST's before I knew what he shot. He said they where just as fine a round as Lightfields. They both run about the same at Gander Mountain ..... roughly around $12 a box.

You should do just fine with the Lightfield.....
Old 11-05-2008, 07:08 AM

Try the winchester platinums instead. A lot of guns don't like the fast light bullets. I have always had it the other way around, winchester worked great and Remington was horrible to so so out just about every gun I have owned. It's usually the last manufacturer I will try.

Paul
Old 11-05-2008, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I also use the Hybred Elite 3"....and love them to death! Albeit I don't use my shotguns as much as I do my muzzleloader when deer hunting, but the Lightfields group great and drop deer.

This was the year I was going down to the 2¾"....but I already got my buck with my bow....so I won't be gun hunting this year.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:52 AM

The lightfields are GREAT! I just got a new shotgun and the 2 3/4 EXP groups really good for any slug !!!! I highly recommend them to anyone !
Old 11-05-2008, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hybreds are accurate but man, they are soft! I almost lost my best buck using one of them, went in the center of ribs and never came out, just found the wad and lead fragments inside. Had to shoot him again after I jumped him during recovery.

They should have kept the commander ( much better design IMO) and discontinued the hybred instead

Quick Reply: shotgun guys.............

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.