Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Baiting>?

Old 10-31-2008, 09:27 PM

Default Baiting>?

Ok heres the deal...in so many places you can hunt over a food plot but you cant hunt over a food plot salt block minral block....ect...but in many states you cant hunt over corn!!! so the farmer wiith a 2000 acre farm just cut down his corn field hes huntin over his cut corn and your eating you deer tag in the woods....whats your take is hunting over corn ok??or down right wrong?
Old 10-31-2008, 09:57 PM
Banned

Default RE: Baiting>?

2000 acres of corn is an agricultural practice, a dumped 50lb bag is not. Same goes, and is actually more restrictive, for waterfowl and birds. Hunting over 1st year millet is baiting, hunting over naturalized millet is not.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

OK here's the deal...

If it's legal in YOUR state and YOU want to do it, then go for it and have fun...

That's all that needs to me said about baiting...
Old 10-31-2008, 11:47 PM

if its legal have at it,it is crazy because whats legal and ethical changes from state to state,and in some states it changes from public to private land,
Old 11-01-2008, 01:14 AM
Spike

2000 acres may be an agriculturepractice but you're not going to be the only hunter taking advantage of it. You're going to scout a specific area, to find the highways and hunt over these. Hunting over a food source isBAITING. Just because YOU didn't plant the food source doesn't mean you're not taking advantage of the "bait". Also just because it's legal in some states doesn't mean there are those(including me) who wouldn't like to see thier states change thier position on baiting and allow it.I have also seen many who are against baiting don't seem to mind allowing "feeding" the rest of the year. I have seen posts by guys who will decry baiting, discuss in other threads which attractants or supplements they use in thier FEEDERS. As far as ethics, many want judge others for using what is legal in their state. Let's remember that according to AL, Gov. Palin violated no law but violated the ethics of her office in dismissinga state trooper. Me I belive if she was within the law she was also ethical. My point YOUR ethics shouldn't impact my lawful practice.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:11 AM

savageone not ragging on you but i said if its legal have at it.the rest was a nice way of putting ethics are a load of @#@%$. and on that note i think qdm and most laws are a load to,god made them and man thinks he owns them and the right to tell everyone else how to hunt for them.savageone after the frist legal part i was talking to myself out loud .nothing aimed a you.explaining myself probly made it worse .if its legal do what you want.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:23 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: SavageOne

2000 acres may be an agriculturepractice but you're not going to be the only hunter taking advantage of it. You're going to scout a specific area, to find the highways and hunt over these. Hunting over a food source isBAITING. Just because YOU didn't plant the food source doesn't mean you're not taking advantage of the "bait". Also just because it's legal in some states doesn't mean there are those(including me) who wouldn't like to see thier states change thier position on baiting and allow it.I have also seen many who are against baiting don't seem to mind allowing "feeding" the rest of the year. I have seen posts by guys who will decry baiting, discuss in other threads which attractants or supplements they use in thier FEEDERS. As far as ethics, many want judge others for using what is legal in their state. Let's remember that according to AL, Gov. Palin violated no law but violated the ethics of her office in dismissinga state trooper. Me I belive if she was within the law she was also ethical. My point YOUR ethics shouldn't impact my lawful practice.
Its illegal to feed deer in VA from September to January for ANY reason. Our dept of game discourages ANY feeding because of the impact that it has on their ecology. Bait is feed placed for the purpose of attracting game. Food plots are NOT baiting. If hunting near a food source is baiting, then the only legal place you could shoot a deer is a parking lot or the desert. I guess acorns and grass are bait too? Hey, do you dove hunt out of a bird feeder?? And just because something is legal, doesn't mean its ethical. Learn the difference. If you believe ethics are defined by the law, you in for a big surprise.

Old 11-01-2008, 07:33 PM
Fork Horn

Just for clarification, if baiting deer is unethical shouldnt we outlaw the baiting of fish? Instead of putting a worm on a hook, which clearly lures in fish with an unnatural food source, shouldnt we just drop a bare hook in the water in a channelwhere fish area known to swim through? Then when we see one swim by naturally we just pull up on the line and try to hook it? Or is that different? I'm a little confused..
Old 11-01-2008, 07:40 PM

ORIGINAL: borealboy

Just for clarification, if baiting deer is unethical shouldnt we outlaw the baiting of fish? Instead of putting a worm on a hook, which clearly lures in fish with an unnatural food source, shouldnt we just drop a bare hook in the water in a channelwhere fish area known to swim through? Then when we see one swim by naturally we just pull up on the line and try to hook it? Or is that different? I'm a little confused..

exactley i see it as the states are out to get the little guy
Old 11-01-2008, 08:19 PM
Banned

So I guess spot lighting should be o.k. too? Whynot just cage them up? Hell, put them on a farm and herd them like cattle, sell them at the grocery store. Let Wal-Mart cut them up for you too. Maybe it could be like the lobster tank, just pick out the one you want, they wrap it up for you and for an additional $29.99, they will mount the antlers for you. If you suck so bad at deer hunting that you have to use bait, find something else to do or go hunt black angus. My guess isyou might get close enough with their headin abucket.

Quick Reply: Baiting>?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.