Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

I need help please!

Old 10-31-2008, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I need help please!

Tommorow is youths eason here in Arkansas,we can kill a doe or any size of buck,but I never can pass up any deer.I think if I wait where I am hunting their might be some bruisers come out.Anyway's what I am asking is what do you all do to pass up deer espesially if you are allowed to kill a doe?

Wish me luck tommorow I love this time of year!!!
Old 10-31-2008, 03:08 PM

Default RE: I need help please!

Decide before you go out what will make you happy, and stick to it. If you just want to take any deer, bust the first thing that offers a shot, and be happy about it. If you feel ready to start killing older deer, be prepared to let smaller deer go, and possibly go home empty handed.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's what I figured and I would be happy with a yearling but after the hunt a day or two after I wished I woulda let it go except my 2 8 points I was fine with them but my doe it took me about a hour to say oh no I just killed a doe with a day left in the hunt...I think it will be easy now that my patience have grown since last year but I figured if yall wanted to give me some help that would be the more the marry er'.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:31 PM

I used to have the same problem...if its brown its down. I recently started hunting with a friend on some private land and he said that if I see a doe let it pass and there should be a buck behind it within the hour. I was sceptical at first but man was he right. As far as what I do to pass up a deer...I use it for practice. By this I mean that I practice standing up slowley and moving my self into a place where I could take a clean shot, just remember not to shoot. I also use it to study the patterns of the deer so maybe next time I can get a little closer. This has helped me pass up deer and insure a good day of hunting. Also remember if you go home empty handed, thats why its called hunting...
Old 10-31-2008, 08:59 PM

good luck im in the same boat be huntin in north arkansas good luck and GO HOGS!
Old 10-31-2008, 10:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

shoot anything that will make you happy. doesnt matter what it is. good luck