Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

cum'er deer bait!

Old 10-30-2008, 09:48 AM

Default cum'er deer bait!

First does it work? and when is the best time to set it out? thanks for the help by the way and I would really like someopions on it.

Thank you
Old 10-30-2008, 12:02 PM

Default RE: cum'er deer bait!

Personally, I would not ever but the stuff again. We put some out on our lease next to a feeder that was dropping corn twice a day. We had a lot of deer activity in the area, killing the corn. The C'Mere deer just sat there in a pile and finally started molding. They did not touvh the stuff.

Other people have posted that they have gotten good results with it. So, I would recommend that you give it a try if you are dead set on it. You may have better results than I.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:56 PM
Fork Horn

rice bran is more effective and MUCH cheaper ($7.50/50#)---if you can get it in your area. The deer will walk right by the corn to get to the rice bran. Bucks do seem to be more attracted to it than does.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm also wondering the same thing about C'Mere Deer. I know it comes in a liquid form, powder form and also a bag of powder and corn/acorns or something like that.

Is it snake oil or what???
Old 10-30-2008, 07:07 PM

Snake oil? Not sure, I just know that our deer didn't touch it. Maybe it wasn't as appealing as the corn that was being spread by our feeder. I would also like to note that the Feeder Fire (Wildgame Innovations) that we mixed in with the corn in the feeder did not get touched either. It eventually sat on the ground and turned to little ball of fungus.

My brother-in-law mixed up some of the liquid concentrate and saturated the natural browse along the well established trails coming into his feeder behind his house. The deer walked right past it to the feeder. He has had a camera over this sight for two years now and didn't get a picture of them browsing on it. Nor could he see where they had been nibbling.

Maybe these trials were not so well thought out. Maybe these sightswould have done better without the corn so close by. Maybe I would be better stating that the deer definitely prefered the corn.

Hey if you have the money to spare, give a try. You may have much better success with it.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:14 PM
Typical Buck

well i dont know about yall but my uncle put some down by his tree stand where he bow hunts he came there and it looked like a tons of deer have been eating it he bow hunted there the next day and killed a fine 8 pointbuck there from my experience it works!
Old 10-30-2008, 08:24 PM
Fork Horn

well if this tells u anythin a buddy of mine sprayed the lquid on some corn as the bottle instructs u to put in on ur favorite deer attractant(that alone tells me somethins up) and watta u know the deer ate the corn.. guy said wow that stuff really works ... i said well when u put it on somethin like corn course they gonna eat it.. so no just stick w/ the basics but im gonna have to find out bout that rice bran
Old 10-31-2008, 09:03 AM
Fork Horn

deer in some parts of the country will tear the stuff up. some won't touch it.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:59 AM

ORIGINAL: bigangrychicken

deer in some parts of the country will tear the stuff up. some won't touch it.
My sentiments exactly.