Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Favor To Ask....

Old 10-29-2008, 08:48 PM

Default Favor To Ask....

Would everyone please refrain from replying to the Scent Lok threads? That way they will make it to the end of the forum and eventually fall off. Then, maybe people that have something to post or ask that could be beneficial to others will not go unseen.

Thanks,
Old 10-29-2008, 08:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Favor To Ask....

What are you looking for?????[&:][&:]
Old 10-29-2008, 09:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

They are directly related to deer (and other) hunting, so I don't have any problem with them.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

They should just be deleted and be done with, or he will keep on bumping them to the top...
Old 10-30-2008, 07:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Dont read them, go to other topics that YOU want to read, click on page 2, etc.....it isn't very hard!
Old 10-30-2008, 12:15 PM

ORIGINAL: timbercruiser

They are directly related to deer (and other) hunting, so I don't have any problem with them.
Are they? Seems more like a bashing of a company and their product. No one has held a gun to anyone's head and forced them to pay the extra money for their product.

Hey, I do not buy into the C'Mere Deer product. I have not had any good experience with it, while others have. Do I bash the product...NO!!! Do I recommend against it...NO!!! When a question is asked about the product (for opinions) I give my story and follow it up with the statement that others have had different results. Then tell the poster to give it a try if they are willing.

I just really don't really get WildlifePhoto. Everyone of his posts are all the same...T.R. Michels this, T.R. Michels that. Has this T.R. Michels not been banned from this site and others? The way I see it--and I could be wrong and it definitely wouldn't be the first or last--WildlifePhoto probably is T.R. Michels.

Also, "Class-Action Lawsuit" against the company and it's retailers. Just another example with what is wrong with our society!!!!! Get a life people, buy it or don't buy it, like it or don't like it...whi gives a rat's butt.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Some people enjoy hearing others perspective on a product before they go out and purchase it on their own. I ran a poll a few weeks ago on Thermacells to see what others thought of their effectiveness. I own one and think it works pretty good but one person had been posting in several threads that theirs didn't work. Turned out the poll showed that well over 98% of the folks were happy with their Thermacells and thought they worked. I think that would help folks make a decision on the product.

I don't have a problem with someone posting that a product isn't meeting the stated goals that it is supposed to. I doubt I would have purchased a Scent-Loc product without those posts because I personally understand that there is no scientific way that the products work as they state they do, but many don't know this.

Wildlifephoto has posted at least 10 threads on other subjects for each thread posted on the Scent-Loc also. 99% of his post are just something cut and pasted off T.R. Michaels website but if you don't want to read his posts then don't read them. I've found a few of them very interesting like the one on rattling techniques. Some I haven't found so interesting.

I'm not sure what this post has to do with anything. It has a lot less to do with Deer Hunting than the scent-loc posts that's for sure. Do you have a bunch of scent-loc clothes and are upset that they might not work as advertised so you are mad at the guy for posting stuff on how they don't work?
Old 10-30-2008, 12:38 PM
Typical Buck

npaden, you seem to think what that idiot posts is all factual. It's not. He makes some of that up in his head I think. I'm not saying whether carbon cloths work or not, but I sure hope everyone is smart enough to not base an opinion based on the ramblings of some wierdo.
And while I hate bumping his posts to the top, I respond to them so other people like npaden don't think he's some sort of "expert" that he pretends to be.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't care if he is an expert or not. I have no clue who Wildlifephoto is or who T.R. Michaels is or M.Magis is for that matter. He has just as much right to post as myself or Mossy71 or M.Magis on the subjects. His posts on Scent-Lok matchup with my understanding of the scientific background behind the use of active carbon. It is smoke and mirrors but can't work based on the science behind it. I've read one of the studies on rattling that was referenced in the post on rattling, I thought it was a good post whether the guy is an expert or not, it was a good read.
Old 10-30-2008, 01:00 PM

No, I do not have the first, nor do I have any stock or dealings with the company. I am very scent conscious when it comes to hunting as I am fully aware of the biological makeupof my game of choice.

I do not have problems with polls to get others opinions on techniques, products, etc. That is one of the main reasons I visit these forums. I, too, have learned a lot from others on here as well as other forums I frequent. I only hope that I have been able to return the favor to others with my experiences.

Do I agree with everything thing that I read? I would be lying terribly if I said yes. Do I feel that everything, or anything for that matter, I say should be taken as law? Heck NO!!

Quick Reply: Favor To Ask....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.