Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Southerners Will Not Tolerate Mediocrity... >

Southerners Will Not Tolerate Mediocrity...

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Southerners Will Not Tolerate Mediocrity...

Old 11-01-2008, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Southerners Will Not Tolerate Mediocrity...

ORIGINAL: brushbuster07

HAHAHA! I didn't even finish reading this. You're a total hillbilly redneck confederate! Well I'm from Iowa and I just laugh to myself when I read that you think you have such nice dear down there. I've vacationed down there and your biggest dear are about the size of our smallest coyotes here in Iowa. I dunno how you conduct your "QDMA" down there in "GOD'S COUNTRY" HAHAHAHA...but maybe you should try something else...maybe feed them daily 'cuz god damn they look HUNGRY!

Please post again...this was VERY entertaining to read!
Im no spell nazi but com'on,its DEER, not DEAR You'd think on a DEER hunting forum, where the word is used 1000 Xs a day, DEER would be the one word people could spell
Old 11-01-2008, 04:40 PM
Fork Horn

"You are a redneck, hillbilly, confederate".........

Hillbilly- Someone who actually lives in the hills somewhere. Hills meaning anything over 2500 feet should do well.

Redneck- aka: flatlander who resides not in the hills but on flat ground. Still a cool guy who likes to kill tasty animals and drink whiskey for fun. Good men these are!

I don't think you could be possibly both at the same time. I had a Southern friend from East Texas tell me he was a hillbilly....I replied "You are not a hillbilly...you actually need to have hills where you come from to be considered a hillbilly." Don't take this as insult but I am sure that there are many members in here who fit into one of these categories and is very proud of where they are from. The worst thing you can call a hillbilly is a redneck because then you are basicly calling them a flat lander and we dont like that too much!!! LOL!!! Just busting chops mind you...but if yuo feel the need to retort then the floor is yours.

Mack
Catskill Mtns of NY
Old 11-02-2008, 10:15 PM
Fork Horn

Well first off I do feel retarded for spelling deer "dear" hahaha...but calling him a redneck confederate wasn't aimed at what you guys are saying, but at the fact that he keeps bringing up the whole "yanks" and "god's country" bull****. The civil war ended years ago, and yes, I may still not like a good majority of the "colored folks," not based on their skin color but their actions in public, but seriously lets drop the whole yanks and confederate bull****. The redneck that you speak of on here could quite honestly be me you speak of. Sure I may dress preppy once in a while when I go downtown here in Iowa City, as I attend the University of Iowa, but that's just because I've found that most ladies don't care too much for the **** kickers and cutoff t's. I didn't mean any offense to any southerners, but mainly this individual in particular and the simple fact that he seems to think that Florida is some amazing world renown place to deer hunt...THAT makes me laugh!
Old 11-02-2008, 11:01 PM
Typical Buck

guys come on. every sentence in the entire post is dripping with sarcasm. think about it. hes endorsing FLORIDA as a BIG BUCK state????? hes inviting northern hunters, who already live in states that have giant deer, to come hunt inFLORIDA????that should have given it away right there! florida probably has some big deer down there but none of the southern states can compare to the huge deer farther west and north. its a JOKE. and i think we've beaten this post to death long enough
Old 11-03-2008, 01:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well it's more than obvious that southerners will not tolerate mediocrity - cause everytime you open your lips out spills a full load of BS. Old manure breath.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:17 AM
Typical Buck

I love reading your posts TDWW. So much insight. Respect earned
Old 11-03-2008, 11:44 AM

Um, a few minor details from reading the 9 pages of replies:

1. Carpetbaggers = the term southerners gave to northerners who moved to the South during Reconstruction, between 1865 and 1877, not southerners moving north.
2. In East Texas we refer to ourselves as hicks, not rednecks or hillbillies.
3. There is nothing finer than Wrangler butts.
4. Sarcasm is not fully appreciated by the majority of people—mostly because they do not understand it and if you have to explain it, well, things get lost in translation.

And as for God's country:

James Pepper: You know, there's an old saying, Miss Sally. There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum?
John Simpson Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.

I guess that means we all live in God's country.

Anyone who threatens people via the internet, well, Lord love them, honey, they just ain't right and we should make exceptions for them.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

George Jones is from East Texas and he is a Hi-Tech Redneck.

Old 11-03-2008, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

why in the hell our u guys trying to give this "joke" any respect he sounds like some guy who thinks he is all that and a bag of chips and is "trying" to preach his gospel here
word to u TDWW
1. wtf is with ur name
2. let people do wat they want if they are any kind of deer hunter they have heard of QDM and if they decide to practice it is up to them i really dont give a d@mnand u shouldnt either
3. i would like to see some of your trophys before i i give uan ounce of credibility
4. this doesnt mean i think of myself as a big time sucessful trophy hunter because im not at all one of those
(atleast not yet)
5.florida has deer???
Old 11-03-2008, 01:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TOPDAWGWOOFWOOF

Guys,

Down here in North Florida, we arelooking forward to the deer seasonthis year but I do not want anyone here or elsewhere to be deceived in my hopeful anticipation.

In the sacred Southland, we WILL NOT tolerate mediocrity when it comes to whitetail management. Sadly, many times whenI go to a National forest down here or a neighbors land, I encounter one or more Yanks and have to "educate" them on how we practice QDMA down here in God's country.

I just make it a point to get a few things cleared up before the Yanks start getting overzealous and start shooting every spike and 4 pointer they can get a glance at.Firstoff, ya'll are in the sacred Southland.We are not going to tolerate folks coming down here and shooting our young bucks. Every year, ya'll come down here searching for "old mossy horns" and every year I have to preach the same sermon. WE WILL NOT TOLERATE it and it is entirely possible that you taking an underaged buck could result in an ass whipping.

Look, North Florida isamong the elite when it comes to quality bucks and overall whitetail management. FSU's school of whitetail studies, Wakulla County and their recent iniative to recruit female hunters over the age of 55, etc. The list goes on and on.In two words -The best. A tradition that goes back a long way. National recognition,national rankings, etc. The list goes on. With that resume comes respect. The kind of respect that I will demand from all of you here and reading this today.

Southern whitetail hunterscarry that respect whether we are at home whittlin' on a stick and sipping an RC Cola or areon the road and a few things need to be understood. And let me be real honest here, this IS NOT in any way to disuade you from coming on your annual North Florida big buck hunt. I know many of you in the Northeast make an annual tradition of this and I DO NOT want totake away from your little excursion. Just understand that whenyou visit one of our National forests,you are seeing one of the premiere examples of whitetail management in the world. I am talking movers and shakers.Our huntersare no exception.there will NOT be any arguing or so much as a disagreeable word from you when you come down here and that is simply just me shooting it straight to you.I darn well don't plan on preaching the positive insight I bring on deer hunting and then having you folks come down here and shooting young bucks. So let it be known Iwill ask you one time to stop and no more.If you continue then I will take a physical solution that you will not like. I will NEVER provoke.

I am very upfront and honest when I tell you that it ain't nothing for me to up and kick a man's ass. Done it several times and I'll do it again if pushed. NEVER will I provoke, though. It is YOU that determines my actions. If you understand where I and the North Florida contingentare coming from and what is expected then we will have a great time and no problems will ever arise. Please understand that I am NOT coming to cause problems as that is the last thing on my agenda. It is a tradition and respect that Southern folks ahveand you need to realize this. We can laugh and have a good time but I just wanted to get a few things understood beforehand.

I hope all goes well and there are no problems and you enjoy your annual hunt here in North Florida, it really is a pleasure to have you.

TDWW
We in Alabama call north Flordia South Alabama

ROLL TIDE
dd

Quick Reply: Southerners Will Not Tolerate Mediocrity...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.