Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 fawk.. got bit by a deer tick!!! >

fawk.. got bit by a deer tick!!!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

fawk.. got bit by a deer tick!!!

Old 10-26-2008, 02:32 PM
Fork Horn

Default fawk.. got bit by a deer tick!!!

Went out today to the woods and found out later when i got home, there was a deer tick with its head inside my belly skin. Managed to take it out along with the head, but there is a red swollen spot there. I need to find me some super sharp razors and cut that piece of skin out. i won't take any chances
Old 10-26-2008, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: fawk.. got bit by a deer tick!!!

My friend lost the use of his legs and was in a wheelchair for a couple of months due to lyme disease. If it was in for more than 24 hr.'s it's probably in your bloodstream. Get some antibiotics.
Old 10-26-2008, 03:42 PM

I had a similar experience last season. I was in a state of panic, but the doctor told me not to worry unless I started experiencing Flu-like symptoms. so, I would say not too worry too much about it unless you start feeling bad in a few days.

The gotcha is, if you're gonna get Lyme, it's too late to torture yourself by cutting off portions of your body; the bad juju is already in your system. And, it stays there forever. Just see your doctor if you start feeling bad and get some antibiotics and you'll be fine.
Old 10-26-2008, 03:46 PM

is it just a red spot or does it look like a bullseye around the area?
Old 10-26-2008, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

here in Florida the ticks are BAD. anytime you come in contact with a deer (field dressing) you're gonna get a tick or 12 on you. most of the time you can catch them crawling on you before they latch on but occaisionally you don't find one until you take a shower that night inwhich he has already latched on.
Old 10-26-2008, 04:22 PM
Fork Horn

Just a red spot right now. Was in the woods for 3 hrs and found out when i got home. I took the tick out and that was like 3 hrs ago. Studies showed ticks have to latched onto for @ least 24-36 hrs before transmitting the disease so that's a relieft..
Old 10-26-2008, 04:23 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Wingbone

My friend lost the use of his legs and was in a wheelchair for a couple of months due to lyme disease. If it was in for more than 24 hr.'s it's probably in your bloodstream. Get some antibiotics.
your friend ever got his legs back? i sure hope so...
Old 10-26-2008, 05:46 PM
Typical Buck

Don't worry about your tick bite,unless it starts to getinfected.I've had alot of ticks on over the summer and every summer for that matter!The bite area with stay a red bump for a week or so and it will itch,but if it starts to get infected,you should go to the DR!I wouldn't lose any sleep over it!
Old 10-26-2008, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's a tick man, you're not gonna fall over dead!
Old 10-26-2008, 09:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

I get ticks on me all the time in the woods while working, sometimes 5 or 6 of the buggers. I just pull them off and don't think anything about them. If it doesn't get larger then don't worry about it.

Quick Reply: fawk.. got bit by a deer tick!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.