Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

PLEASE HELP QUICK!!!!!

Old 10-23-2008, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default PLEASE HELP QUICK!!!!!

I havethree questions,first is I have some doe scent,now if I cant find a scrape where do I put the doe scent,location?I also have some apples and a licken block and deer cane where is a good spot to put that?I need as many responces by tommorow afternoon as possible!Last when you are calling with a grunt and bleat how long should you call?sorry if this sounds dumb but I am new to bows and new to calling and baiting so i need help...

Thank you for all responces!!!
Old 10-23-2008, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PLEASE HELP QUICK!!!!!

Is it legal to bait in your state first off???
Old 10-23-2008, 05:10 PM
Spike

Make a mock scrape with the doe scent. Get some buck scent to if you can, or you can put the doe scent in a dripper and hope that a buck makes a scrape where the drip falls.

I would save the lick and cane until the spring or summer because those types of supplements are only usefull for antler development/milk production. I would reccomend corn for a cold season bait.

I dont know about the apples, Im from Alabama... we dont really have apples...and we cannot legally bait deer.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

jim1996 it is legal to bait here i had a game warden friend that used to put out bait
Old 10-24-2008, 05:46 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hunting Kuk

jim1996 it is legal to bait here i had a game warden friend that used to put out bait
I'm not knockin' your game warden friend, but read your local hunting regs anyway. You won't get out of a fine or worse by saying that.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:06 PM
Banned

Don't be a master baiter, just learn to read sign. Don't buy into all that garbage they sell at Wal-Mart.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:00 AM
Spike

Rotate between your grunt and bleat call use the bleat call every 15-20 minutes and make a few grunts in there too.
Old 10-25-2008, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ok...what should i do on this? i set out a few apples and a apple mineral block for the deer this evening some of the apples were gone but i havent seen one deer in that spot but i do see rubs what is going on am i not in at the right time,spot or what?....where i hunt i have seen 3 different rubs about anywhere from a inch to 2 inches around what is the smalllest buck that will rub that?p.s. where should i hunt at i am hunting on a rideaway with woods on oneside and open field on the other side i am new to bow hunting and new to calling so i dont know how to call or where to set up early season...i am from northern arkansas anyone that hunts in northern arkansas could you tellme where your seeing deer?
Old 10-25-2008, 07:34 PM
Banned

Dude, just relax. Try getting in your stand and just observing your surroundings. Dont make a bunch of racket. just watch and learn.
Old 10-25-2008, 07:58 PM
Typical Buck

If you want to hunt the fields edge the deer will usualy be seen later then in the woods .
Set up a blind or stand down wind of where it looks like the deer are comming out to the field ,
Keep an eye out when the deer go into the field .
Notice if your a little farther than you want to be or to close ?
And watch the movements and actions of the deer that go out in the field to eat ,
I f anyone knows when something is comming its deer .
Also try to stay calm and dont move around much even in a blind .
Deer catch movement very quickly .

Quick Reply: PLEASE HELP QUICK!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.