Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Nothwest Ohio  deer pics  (suprising) >

Nothwest Ohio deer pics (suprising)

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Nothwest Ohio deer pics (suprising)

Old 10-22-2008, 06:26 PM

Default Nothwest Ohio deer pics (suprising)

Put my trail cam out a couple weeks ago on some new property on a creek bed that looked like a cattle pasture. Not suprisingly - lots of deer period. But these two fellas caught my eye. This nine pt. is in an area i thought was a pretty good transition spot so when i was done for the night approx. 7:00-7:10 i put my camera on this tree. This guy almost had to be watchin me across the bean field loadin up!(notice the pic time is 7:20 something)my stand i just hung in this new spot is behind him about 20 ft. ! So apparently the scent regimate is working cause i was all over that area hes standing only minutes prior ? he doesnt seem spooked to me ( i hope) What would you guess the 9 scores ?

The 10 pt looks to be 5 1/2 yrs + ( my novice eyes would say and the 9 pt. 2 1/2 ?

Old 10-22-2008, 06:28 PM

Default RE: Nothwest Ohio deer pics (suprising)

Old 10-22-2008, 07:46 PM
Typical Buck

He's not going to have a high score. I would suggest to let him go at least another year, but that's how I would do it. I hunt in the northeastern part of Ohio. Got alot of bucks that big or a little smaller and a little bigger. We let them walk, and my dad and I know of at least 8 shooter bucks. All 135 and up. Hopefully we get a crack at one this year. Rut's right around the corner.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:51 AM
Typical Buck

I'd let him walk and wait another year. Easier said than done, but he will be better next year. Good luck.