Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

shoot thru screens on blinds

Old 10-21-2008, 07:08 PM

Default shoot thru screens on blinds

does any one know if it is ok to shoot thru a screen on a blind with a winchester 30-30. it says for arrows only but it would seem like there wouldn't be a difference.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: shoot thru screens on blinds

I think the idea is the arrow cuts its way through. I think a 30.30 blast would have a different effect on the whole blind. I guess you could set some up at the range and try it.

I think it won't effect the bullet to much but may rock the blind a bit. Just try it at the rangeand let us know.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why don't you just stick the barrel just outside of the mesh?
Old 10-21-2008, 09:48 PM
Fork Horn

Saw a guy shoot thru with a shotgun....melted most of the screen and almost took half the blind with it. Leave the muzzle outside of the tent.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ummm its highly recomended that you dont shoot through the mesh with a gun of any type. Youre better off leaving the screens down and keeping your windows open just enough to where you can see well enough around, put the gun outside the blind and then shoot.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:36 AM
Spike

Cut a 6" long vertical slit in the mesh screen. This will permit you to get the muzzle out of the blind, and the screen will still be in place to give you concealment. This is what I do with a muzzleloader, and I can't begin to imagine what it would be like to fire that with the muzzle inside the blind.
Works for me.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:29 AM
Typical Buck

Its kinda like "DO NOT USE THIS BLOWDRYER IN WHILE IN THE BATHTUB! SOmeone has tried it otherwise there wouldn't be a sticker on it. Kinda the same deal...
Old 10-22-2008, 12:50 PM
Typical Buck

If you shoot with the muzzle inside your blind you better have ear plugs in, and a fire extinguisher on hand..LOL
Old 10-22-2008, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ton55076

does any one know if it is ok to shoot thru a screen on a blind with a winchester 30-30. it says for arrows only but it would seem like there wouldn't be a difference.
Funny you should ask.
I hunt on the ground exclusively. So i have hunted out of many blinds including the 6 that i own. I tested this out with the meshing from an Ameristep Brickhouse blind stretched between 2 pieces of wood with a 30-30. Placed the muzzle about 5 inches from the mesh. Pulled the trigger. No more mesh. Or at least very little. I had about a 12 inch square piece of the mesh when i started and was left with very little.
What was left had some melting evident on the mesh itself possibly indicating that the gasses from the muzzle is what actually did the damage but i'm not 100% sure
Old 10-22-2008, 04:42 PM
Typical Buck

Not gases, fire out of your muzzle. That's why on the instructions the say not to shoot a fire arm through the mesh, and not to shoot mechanical broad heads as well.

Quick Reply: shoot thru screens on blinds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.