Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Nature Walk Findings

Old 10-17-2008, 09:56 AM
Spike

Default Nature Walk Findings

Hey guys and girls...It was a nice day out today so i decided to take astroll in the woods...i know i know probably not the best thing to do in New York considering tomorrow opens bow season..but i needed a good walk.
To start off i had been walking in this area watching the deer when they come in to bed and about 3 weeks ago i found a piece of a deers jaw bone(the left side). Today i walked about 150 yards past that spot and found what looked like 2 leg bones. Walked another 40 yards and found the skull in the picture along with another piece of jaw and alot of other pieces. More leg bones, back bones, rib bones and a shoulder bone.Im not sure if you can tell by the picture but someone started to skull cap it. I had figured i had found the rest of the deer that went with the jaw i had found before but both pieces i have are the left side. Im not sure about everyone else but stumbling upon things like this are very interesting to me. In fact im really hoping to find the rest of the other deer as well

Old 10-17-2008, 10:01 AM

Default RE: Nature Walk Findings

Sweet. Always cool finding stuff on walks. Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

cool
Old 10-17-2008, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

wonder why they didnt finish the skull cap? maybe it was taken illegally and something scared the "hunters" off. Really cool find though, regardless of the circumstances.
Old 10-18-2008, 10:41 AM

thats a nice find ..
Old 10-18-2008, 10:49 AM

T.R. Michels has turned me on to nature walks, looking for birds and watching and photographing them, and wildflowers - after he starteda new magazine on his website. It's called "Trinity Moutain Outdoors Natural History Magazine". He has lots of interesting articles on animals, bird feeding, binoculars, spotting scopes, conservation and other stukff in there. You can access it at http://www.trmichels.com/TMOAdventuresMagazine.htm.

You don'talways have to hunt - in order to enjoy nature.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:26 PM
Typical Buck

Never no what you will find .
Ive found a dead bow killed buck , at least 3 arrows( all at different times and locations ) traps that have been set for years ,also found a solid non folding knife on a field trip with my daughter abought 8 years ago .
Also found what apeared to be a cow skull ?
Not counting old beer cans and bottles from hunters of the past ...
Old 10-18-2008, 12:39 PM
Fork Horn

great find...