Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Natural gear?

Old 10-03-2008, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Natural gear?

Does anyone use this brand of camo, if so do you have any pictures?

I was thinking of buying camo for bowhunting in Amory, MS in October. I've also heard some folks mention ASAT, mossy oak, predatorand realtree. Not sure which to get though.

But I do have my eye on natural gear.

But, yeah pictures would be nice
Old 10-03-2008, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Natural gear?

I love Nat Gear. Most of my camo is Nat Gear. It is a neutral color, so it blends in with anything. It doesn't stand out like a black blob from a distance like many other patterns do, such as many of the Mossy Oak and Realtree patterns. I wear it deer, duck, squirrel, and turkey hunting. I do also wear Mossy Oak Obsession at times, but Nat Gear is my favorite. It is a great pattern inthe tree and on the ground. I sound like a Nat Gear rep., but I swear I'm not.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have you got pics dear?
Old 10-03-2008, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.dowdlesports.com/catalog/hunting/natgearclth.htm

Hit this link or just google natural gear you will get all the pics you need. Looks kinda boring if you ask me. There are so many 3D camos on the parket that are really good you should think twice
Old 10-03-2008, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

How can camo look boring? It's kind of drab, if that's what your talking about. That's a good thing though. It doesn't stand out at all in the woods. It blends in with any setting outdoors.
Old 10-04-2008, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im guessing not alot of people here use natural gear? I was just wondering because I was thinking of purchasing it but haven't never been to the Mississippi woods in October im not sure what camo would blend the best.

I've heard that ASAT is good too but they don't seem to have womens clothing?

Also, heard that predator was good. Though i don't know which patterns to go for.

Im knowledgable with regards to which patterns to use for here but i won't be hunting here
Old 10-04-2008, 01:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

I don't know that much about natural gear, but would suggest a Google for "women's camo hunting clothing". Several different companies offer camoclothing that is special cut for women. Cabela's has some, but there are a bunch out there. I wouldn't worry too much about specific patterns, just think about approximate temperatures you are going to be hunting in.
Old 10-04-2008, 05:27 PM

I always thought it was an ugly pattern,,, until I bought a four wheeler with that pattern on it, and I began looking at it in the woods from a distance,, it may look kind of drab,, and (boring),, but it is a very effective pattern and blends really well in most any environment, and wont blob or black out. I can park my four wheeler and walk away from it in the woods, and at as close as 25-30 yards away, I can look back and only notice the wheels and headlights. I dont know what kind of pics your wanting, I dont have any of my Nat Gear clothes in the woods,, all I have of the pattern is of the wheeler,, and Im sure thats not what your wanting to see.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:44 PM
Fork Horn

I just had a grizzly walk to within 65yds. of me and never knew I was there. I was wearing Natural Gear. It's flat, drab and effective. What more could you need?
Old 10-13-2008, 03:43 PM
Fork Horn

More props for Natural Gear. The other day while sitting out the legal shooting light near an area I had watched a big buck cross at dusk several times. It was still daylight and I had 5 Rio Grande turkeys feeding within 15 yds. of me for about 30 min. I was sitting on the ground, leaning against a tree, pretty much in the open. They were just a little downhill of me.

Quick Reply: Natural gear?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.