Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

doe in estrous all season?

Old 10-03-2008, 11:47 AM
Fork Horn

Default doe in estrous all season?

I was talking to an experienced bow hunter... many years... many bucks. He uses doe in estrous scent from day one. He says that a buck, even a mature buck, doesn't know the difference. All they know is they smell a doe in heat and they are already interested if the opportunity presents itself.

Makes sense to me. Your thoughts?

Old 10-03-2008, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: doe in estrous all season?

I guess this goes against the normal thoughts, right...
I did read a recent article "that the old Does may go into estrus as early as the 2nd week of Oct."

I really couldn't tell you otherwise, as I haven't asked any bucks lately

Although the 3rd and 4th week of Oct seems to be the most active for me to see deer, which has been historically been known as pre-rut, maybe there are a few in estrus???
Old 10-03-2008, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would think doe in estrus scents are very effective during the rut and can be used any time during the rut phase.
A buck is ready to breed after his velvet is removed and his antlers harden,so it would make sense to me that using a sex scent any time
a buck is ready to breed could be beneficial.

However, using it after the buck has dropped his antlers (assuming the season is still open) would be a waste of time.

Just my .02
Old 10-03-2008, 03:05 PM
Fork Horn

I definitely think that it is possible, but that the prime time to use the stuff is as the rut gets a little bit closer...
Old 10-03-2008, 03:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Would a doe who stays in heat ALL year be a "nympho Doe"

ROLL TIDE
dd
Old 10-04-2008, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

idk but i just thought about that...today was opening day and i forgot to squirt the urine!!!! d@m*t
Old 10-05-2008, 10:47 PM
Spike

I bowhunt here in Wyoming County in southern West Virginia. I definately agree with the seasoned hunter. In my opinion, the bucks haven't had a chance to breed in a long, long time. They're chemicals are built up. The steam needs relieved. I think that you could be very successful with putting out Tinks 69 the very first day of the season. In fact, our season here doesn't open up until the 18th, and I put a couple of drops out today. Reason being is that I think that bucks are aware that the majority of the does they are around aren't ready yet, so that if they can find an "early bloomer" that might be ready ahead of schedule, that it would spark their interest.

Just put yourself in the buck's shoes. You haven't gotten any for almost a year. Out of hundreds of fine girls that don't want you, you find a glimpse of sign that there is one running around that is willing to give it to you right here, right now - wouldn't that spark your interest, reguardless of how cold it is or what time of day it is or what time of year it is?

I wanted to do that to spark an interest with the buck and my area. I want him to think that there is a hott doe nice and ready running around in my area.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wow. Never thought of it that way, I have always held out on using scents till the end of Oct. Maybe ill try a little this week if the damned rain would ever stop [:@].
Old 10-06-2008, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Makes perfect sense if done correctly. If there is a doe in estrous, a buck will find her and breed her if he is physically and hormonally able.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:08 AM

Keep in mind, it will scare the HELL out of any does in the area though.

Quick Reply: doe in estrous all season?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.