Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Stealth Camera Sucks

Old 10-01-2008, 08:34 PM
Spike

Default Stealth Camera Sucks

It's been a while since I've posted, but felt this was important. Has anyone had as much trouble with the Stealth cameras as I have. In my opinion they are junk. Bought a $400 Infrared unit. I can doa rain dance in front of this thing before it triggers a pic. Never again. Think about this before you buy a Stealth!
Old 10-01-2008, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Stealth Camera Sucks

i will also have to agree with you, i bought one, for $300 and it was junk! i had to send it in to get repaired 3 times in 2 years... also every time you send it in you have to pay $50 right away, bunch of BS!!! and agreed with the slow trigger speed, you HAVE to have bait in order for them to take good pictures...
Old 10-01-2008, 08:59 PM
Banned

I'd rather spend the 300 bills on a pair of boots......
Old 10-01-2008, 10:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know the older 35 mm ones are junk I have 2 in the bottom of my lake. HAven't used the new ones.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Youre 100% wrong. Heres some pics that I got not too long ago from my 35mm Stealth, which i have had no problem with at all. Just because youve had bad experiences with them doesnt make them junk. Ask someone who has had one since they came out. I have mine set to takeone pic per minute per movement and it works. I use only high quality film in mine and use no more than 24 exposure. I had this roll filled in 3-4 days, with no missed pics.

ORIGINAL: Tribal

I know the older 35 mm ones are junk I have 2 in the bottom of my lake. HAven't used the new ones.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:05 AM
Fork Horn

I agree,the first one I got was in the winter and there was tracks in the snow for a week and it never took a pic,I have switched to leaf rivers and the best buy for the money i think is the moultrie I40 from ebay around 200.00 ,batteries last forever.I was taking 900 pics a week for 3 months and still had battery life.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:09 AM
Fork Horn

I agree that Stealth Cam is poor quality. I bought the new EPIC small camera. It is pretty much worthless.Very poor light resolution. Even in the woods during the day. Wish I had not purchased it.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Here is my opinion on the matter:

Now i will say that they are bad on batteries, and that they can have whiteouts. But for the $179.99 i paid for mine last year im satisfied. Recently i found out that my camera had a defect and would not recognize the 12V external battery, i called Stealth Cam and they gave me a number to include with my camera and i shipped it to them. I just havnt got it back in the mail yet.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:36 AM
Fork Horn

I guess I got lucky. I have used 2 STC-wd2 digital cams with the regular flash for the last 2 years and never had a problem knock on wood. I also have a Moultrie I40 too which works fine. I just need to try the firmware upgrade for the occasional white-outs that occur.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:37 PM

I like the post about "2 at the bottom of my lake"... Mine ended up being used for traction while getting my truck out of some mud. While not as sophisticated as the Stealth cams, I now use the new Cuddeback "Capture" cameras. Fantastic picture quality. Plus, really good battery life. I get about 25 days (with approx. 1000 shots) on 4 D-cell batteries; even using the flash. And it's a pretty quick trigger, too... I actually can see the entire deer and not just their butts, as they walk through.

Quick Reply: Stealth Camera Sucks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.