Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 what time do you get to your stand >

what time do you get to your stand

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

what time do you get to your stand

Old 09-30-2008, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default what time do you get to your stand

what time do you get in your stand during whitetail season. i usually get in aroun 545-600
Old 09-30-2008, 08:00 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: what time do you get to your stand

i try to get in the stand about 45 min before light to let everything calm down and if its hot so i can cool off before the deer start moving back to teir bedding area.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:24 AM
Typical Buck

Since this is a broad time frame, i would say 30-40 mins before light to get settled in and let things calm down. If I havent hunted all day (which I usually do) when I go out for the afternoon hunt, I like to be in my stand by 3pm and let things get back to normal.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

No later than 1/2 hour before shooting light.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Atleast 45 minutes before daylight.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I mainly hunt a big buck that I've I.D'. to a certain area In the late afternoon. When I accomplish that, and with stand location being based 99.9% on wind detection followed by all the sign issues-scrapes, trails, and PARTICULARLY rubs,- I'll get to that stand before daylight, and wait til he cones out that early evening. In many instances, a mature buck-3 1/2 + - will set up shop near daylight to the area he will be at that late afternoon { unless pressure dictates otherwise }, using scout does,wind, noise, sight senses throughout the day, IMHEXP. He might be up to a 1/4 t0 1/2 mile from that spot the entire day. I'd say probably close to 80% of the time, I've quessed wrong on where that exact spot will be { he comes out at a different location.} I'll take a 20% score on a monster { I generally consider that 130-135 and higher. If I lived/hunted in a state where gun season lasts just a few days, it would be closer to 150+ } any season. It equals a lot of seasons not having pulled the trigger or flinging an arrow, but to me, that's not what it's about anywho.

I enjoy stretching my season as long as possible.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:03 PM
Typical Buck

I like to be in my stand no later than 30 minutes before daylight.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:26 PM
Typical Buck

In SC you can shoot 1 hour before official sunrise. You can't shoot 1 hour after official sunset. I like to be in the stand 1 1/2 hour before official sunrise. What is official sunrise? Ask the US Naval Observatory. They are the official timekeeper for the US Government.

http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/

Here is a sunrise/sunset calculator from their website.

http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/RS_OneDay.php

You enter the date you are interested in, the state and town. Alternately you could enter the Lat. and Long. for the exact moment of sunrise at your stand.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:53 PM
Typical Buck

I like to leave my jimmy about 45 min. before like it doesn't take me long to get to my stand, but i like to walk then stop to listen to the sound of the woods to make sure i don't run into any deer that might be walking threw at that time.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

about an hour to 45 min before shooting light

Quick Reply: what time do you get to your stand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.