Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

DC-100 Non-Typical Game Cam

Old 03-19-2003, 03:50 PM

Default DC-100 Non-Typical Game Cam

I am working on saving enough money for a DC 100 Non-Typical Deer Camand I was wondering what all yall might know about these cameras. I heard the $100 cheaper Moultrie ones were junk, so I bumped up to set my sights on this one. Little help here please ...
Old 03-19-2003, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: DC-100 Non-Typical Game Cam

I HAVE DC 100 AND HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH IT AS OF YET. THERE ARE ALOT OF PEOPLE THE POST ON HERE THAT HAVE HAD PROBLEMS THOUGH
Old 03-19-2003, 06:16 PM

I have one and am yet to have a problem with it. Very good game camera takes very good pictures.
Old 03-19-2003, 06:26 PM
Fork Horn

I have one of the first models that came out from Non-Typical and I have had both mechanical problems and problems with the service.

The case did not fit the camera very well, and it would become stuck when the camera focused. I had problems getting someone to respond from the company. I later found out this was not an uncommon problem for those cameras. The fix for the problem was to place a piece of foam around the inside of the case to act as a spacer rather than supply a new casing that actually fit correctly.
Old 03-20-2003, 01:34 AM

I have also been looking at this camera. I have a chance to pick one up for $190 through a friend who used to have an FFL and can still order non-firearm items at dealer prices. My question is, how do you know if this is the newer model? It is listed as the DC-100 Non-Typical, did the older model go by a different designation? I suspect returns would be a problem with this purchasing method. Also, how do they do on batteries?

I have thought about waiting on a digital to come out that is less expensive than current models, but there are some drawbacks to digital pics, and I' m not sure I will burn enough film to justify the extra purchase price. I mostly plan to just burn a couple rolls in the late summer, during the rut, and again after season to see what survived.
Thanks.
Old 03-20-2003, 05:41 PM

I' ve got a Moultrie Game Cam II, and so far have gotten great pictures with it. I can honestly say I haven' t found a flaw in it yet.
Old 03-20-2003, 08:22 PM
Fork Horn

TimberPig - If your camera has the DC-100 model number on it, then it is one of the newer ones. The old cameras do not look like the picture KY Redneck posted.