Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Thermacell

Old 10-08-2008, 12:56 PM
Spike

Default RE: Thermacell

Well after all the comments from you guys I went and got me one. Let me tell you this thing works great. I went to the bottoms Sat afternoon and was swarmed before I even got to the stand. After about 5-10 minutes all the mosquitoes were gone. Don't go to the woods without one.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:43 PM
Fork Horn

My thermacell is a POS. The flies and skeeters land right on the damn thing. The only thing that stupid deal repelled was the deer cuz they can smell it. I called them and the lady was real nice. She agreed that the deer could smell the regular pads but that they had come out with earth scent pads to correct it. I gave mine away. Worse money I've ever spent. Might as well have put on bug spray.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have one and it works very well.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:18 PM
Spike

Used mine several times this season. Works great and the deer didn't seem to mind it. I think as long as they don't think the scent relates to danger, they're not bothered by it. Just my experience.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:04 PM

so well worth it!! no kidding...my hunting area was flooded a couple weeks b4 the season started so they swarmed us when we setup our stands and we all bought some and they work amazingly

Old 10-08-2008, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Worth the money? Hands down YES
Old 10-08-2008, 08:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BetterBirddogs

My thermacell is a POS. The flies and skeeters land right on the damn thing. The only thing that stupid deal repelled was the deer cuz they can smell it. I called them and the lady was real nice. She agreed that the deer could smell the regular pads but that they had come out with earth scent pads to correct it. I gave mine away. Worse money I've ever spent. Might as well have put on bug spray.
Probably should get somebody to show you how to turn it on...
Old 10-09-2008, 02:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

lol
Old 10-09-2008, 02:57 AM
Dominant Buck

I don't know where you live and hunt, but here in FL you need one.....
Old 10-09-2008, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

One of the best things to come along in a long time. I won't hunt turkeys in the spring or early season archery without one. If the mosquitoes or black flies aren't bad, I might not bother turning it on, but if they are an issue, nothing works better.

Quick Reply: Thermacell

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.