Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

API Treestands

Old 09-22-2008, 10:06 AM

Default API Treestands

What is everyones overall opinion on the API treestands? Thanks,

And who do you all think makes the best treestand?
Old 09-22-2008, 11:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: API Treestands

API makes some great stands. Comfortable and well worth the money
Old 09-22-2008, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

IMO, they have zero features that make them any better from any other. Check out www.gomuddy.com

Old 09-22-2008, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have only had one of the APIstands and I was not impressed. My favorite is the gametamers as far as comfort and use-ability. Their only down fall is they aren't the lightest stand on the market but they are the most comfortable.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:34 PM

I've been hunting with a plain jane api stand for several years. It's comfortable and safe still. Good for all day sits, not to bulky to pack in either. My only complaint is that there's not a lot of slack in the boot straps so I cant get very much of my rocky 1200 insulated boots in them. Other than that it climbs great and sits good.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been using the same API stand for almost 10 years, and I love it. A few weeks ago I saw an old friend who doesn't hunt anymore, he has the same model API that I have, so I picked it up from him for $120. I had a Summit a few years ago for a back up, I didn't like it, not that it was a bad stand, it was a solid/quality stand, but wasn't for me.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been using my API grand slam super star for maybe 5 years and think its a great stand. Comfortable and easy to use. The bar in front swings out of the way for an open front bowhunting stand.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:53 PM
Dominant Buck

I have 7 lock on API stands and really like them. I like the T screw (where legal)which makes it easier to hang the stand and the cam lock strap to tighten it on the tree.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

i love all mine. light, easy to use, big platfporms abd best of all quiet!
Old 09-23-2008, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've had aGrand Slam climber forat least8 years now and I love it. I've never had a problem with it, not one complaint. No cracks in the welds, no creaks or squeaks, not even any tears or holes in the seat or pad-cover. I just replaced the heat-shrink tubing on the chains a couple weeks ago. It's not too heavy at all, and I do some hiking when I'm hunting. It was a little noisy at first, with something rattling a little when I walked but with a couple small bungies and a small piece of line I keep every thing from moving too much. I don't know what could be better about it, for a climber anyways. Some of the ones that are open oin the front look pretty cool and I'm gonna give one of them a try this year, but the API is just fine.

If you're shopping for one, check out Craig's List first for a used one. A guy up here has a climber just like mine for sale for $175. I know I paid well over $220.0 for mine new.

Quick Reply: API Treestands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.