Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Check out this monster.

Old 09-21-2008, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Check out this monster.

This is a pen raised 3 1/2 year old deer that a North Carolina State Trooper is raising across the road of a retreat center I was at this weekend. The picture does him no justice. I don't have any desire to shoot a pen raised deer but this sure got the heart pumping. Don't know what I would do if I saw on like this in the wild. We counted a total of 13 points and I estimate a 19 inch spread.

Old 09-21-2008, 04:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Check out this monster.

Looks nice but why is he keeping it in a pen? Does he plan to get him big enough to mount?
Old 09-21-2008, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

probably to sell semen. And the drops. Hopefully, not to let the highest bidder kill 'em.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:10 PM
Fork Horn

in my opinion i think that is very sad. i dont think people should be allowed to do that, the deer should be able to roam around in the wild.

poor thing[&o]
Old 09-21-2008, 07:12 PM
Super Moderator

do you keep dogs? cats? horses? cows or pigs? fish? sea monkeys? no difference really. I dont appreciate penned hunting, but at the same time I do eat beef and pork occasionally.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

The state trooper that owes him doesn't let people shoot them. He has about 10 does and this one buck and they are really just pets. I was just amazed at what good nutrition will do for a deer. They where in a small 1/2 acre pen but you could tell they did little grazing. There was a supplement feeder they hung around a lot and was they're main source of food.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:37 AM
8mm
Typical Buck

wow thats a nice buck
Old 10-16-2008, 11:23 AM
Typical Buck

Nothing wrong with having penned deer. The only thing I don't like is when people sell those deer because most of the time, they are tame and then a hunter shoots it and they act like they are a good hunter. When you do it the right way, that means you are a good hunter. I'm glad to hear that the guy isn't going to sell him, but alot of people will who raise deer. To people that buy those bucks and shoot them, you aren't even a deer hunter. You are a poacher. Justpoaching deerin a legal way
Old 10-16-2008, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: remington_girl

Looks nice but why is he keeping it in a pen? Does he plan to get him big enough to mount?
Is he not big enough to mount already? I'm sure he doesn't plan on mounting him.I'm sure he plans on breeding him and selling the offspring, and with ten does around, he'll have plenty to sell.He had better start thinking about a bigger pen.Yearlings with big buck genetics can fetch a pretty penny.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigwhitetailbuck

in my opinion i think that is very sad. i dont think people should be allowed to do that, the deer should be able to roam around in the wild.

poor thing[&o]
People aren't allowed to do that, unless it is a business and they have the permits. In most states, it's against the law to have a pet deer.

Quick Reply: Check out this monster.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.