Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Rain and Scent Lok clothing

Old 09-11-2008, 10:21 AM
Fork Horn

Default Rain and Scent Lok clothing

What do you do when you get rained on in your scent lock stuff? Rain is in the forecast for my area in WI opener this Saturday. But I know you aren't supposed to overwash the activated charcoal/carbon material, but if you just hang them out to dry you're going to absorb scent aren't you? No washer/dryer where we hunt.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Rain and Scent Lok clothing

I'd hunt a dry stand and hunt the wind. IMHO the scent lock stuff is a bunch of hooie.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:44 AM
Typical Buck

the best thing to do is to let them hang dry, that or buy the dream season scent blocker thats rain proof. A dryer is helpful for re activating the scent lok stuff though. And i disagree with timbercruiser, scent lok works, and works well. Ive got a lot of personal evidence to back it up!!!
Old 09-11-2008, 02:01 PM

In the rain, scent is almost a non-factor. Scentloc MIGHT work sometimes, but hunting downwind works every time.
Old 09-12-2008, 04:27 AM
Dominant Buck

The carbon in that hoax of a suit was plugged before it left the store, and even if it weren't the first rain that soaked it would plug the carbon from all the pollutants in it. Invest in some baking soda and stop pissing your money away.
Old 09-12-2008, 05:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wear the scent blocker and to be honest i think it really works. I have had deer walk straight downwind from me and never smelt me. This has not been isolated instances either, this has happend several times when i was hunting on the ground. Now i do take showers in scentfree soap and use scent killer as well. I wear no cover scent at all and I never wear my scent blocker suits in, always carry them in. I sweat like the dickens when i wear it to the stand. Mine are rainproof soI dont have to worry about getting wet. They do cost alot I know,but I think there worth it.