Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

To dip or not to dip?

Old 09-09-2008, 11:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: To dip or not to dip?

I love to dip and smoke, but......my wife won't let me![:@]
Old 09-09-2008, 11:15 PM
Fork Horn

I usually don't tell the lady friend of these things. What she doesn't know won't hurt her!
Old 09-09-2008, 11:32 PM

ORIGINAL: Colorado Luckydog

I love to dip and smoke, but......my wife won't let me![:@]
Thats nice that you do that but my question is... whos life are you living? No offense to you or your wife, i just dont see how people accomodate their lives to others. Not my thing.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:40 PM

I dip in the stand both in the tree and on the ground I havent had any deer spook because of it. When I used to smoke also, I would have deer come around and try to investigate what the smell was. By the way the camel pouches work great I just wish i didn't have to drive to Rock Port Missouri to buy them, but they are suppose to get to Nebraska by December yay, nothin better than being able to dip at work and no one knowing.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:15 AM

ORIGINAL: nebraskabuckhunter

I dip in the stand both in the tree and on the ground I havent had any deer spook because of it. When I used to smoke also, I would have deer come around and try to investigate what the smell was. By the way the camel pouches work great I just wish i didn't have to drive to Rock Port Missouri to buy them, but they are suppose to get to Nebraska by December yay, nothin better than being able to dip at work and no one knowing.
buy in bulk buddy!!! they the same price there?? Its like $4.50 here.
Old 09-10-2008, 01:40 AM
Matriarch Doe!

Last time I dipped I was 16 years old. We were on the way to my Grandma's house and I was riding in the back of the truck, inside the canopy. My dad stopped suddenly at a place to eat and my mom ran around back and opened the tailgate and door. I swallowed it. LOL. Cured me of that habit. [:'(]
Old 09-10-2008, 03:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dippidy do da Dippidy Day
Old 09-10-2008, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I do, especially when stillhunting. Use a spitter in my stands. I have seen a doe spook at the spot I was spitting Grizzly mint. I guess she preferred another brand.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:46 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: hntngirl

Last time I dipped I was 16 years old. We were on the way to my Grandma's house and I was riding in the back of the truck, inside the canopy. My dad stopped suddenly at a place to eat and my mom ran around back and opened the tailgate and door. I swallowed it. LOL. Cured me of that habit. [:'(]
It gets rid of worms LoL
And you turn green.

It will really get rid of worms.

Not good for you.

And costs a lot,
You could take the same $$ and buy more hunting stuff instead.

JMHO

Old 09-10-2008, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

No thanks, Too much scent and too much movement. You guys say it doesn't effect anything, but how do you know what you haven't seen?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.