Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 How do you control neighbors dogs?? >

How do you control neighbors dogs??

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How do you control neighbors dogs??

Old 09-05-2008, 03:41 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: How do you control neighbors dogs??

Sounds like you have done everything possible to try to resolve the problem at hand.So i would suggest the 3 S's!! "Shooot Shovel Shut-Up"!!!!
Old 09-05-2008, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

get some chickens, everytime a dog tries to get one, shoot it and drop it off at the neighbors to dispose of. perfectly legal to protect livestock.
and its perfectly legal to protect property, friends mom killed a big ass bull that was destroyingtheir property trying to get to a cow.she put him down with a 6mm. Sherrif came out and gave the owner who was furious a ticket.
Old 09-05-2008, 04:23 PM

i shoot them
Old 09-05-2008, 04:35 PM
Fork Horn

this whole thread is disturbing.. I have a golden retriever, bernest mtn dog and a long haired chichauau that are my kids along with my 5 mnth old son. My son is a twin which I held his brother for 2.5 hours after he was born. He died in my arms. Most of you will never ever feel the pain I have been through. If I had to hold my dog in my arms while he was dying because some irresponsible hunter decided to take the law into his own hands I would honestly have to be put into a jail cell or you would be in the ground. This whole "shoot shovel and shut up" mentality is something I would expect from my 4 year old neice.
Old 09-05-2008, 04:52 PM

Well I wouldn't compare a dog to a kid, those are two vastly different situations. And after losing a child I would think you would understand that. A dog is a dog not your child. It's great that you get attached to an animal but you know you would kill that thing in a heart beat to save your child, and that is the difference.

And we are talking about someone that has 20 dogs and lets them run wild, they don't sound like huge animal lovers or responsible pet owners to me. It probably wouldn't break them up too much, if they even noticed one missing with that many.

I would never condone shooting someones pet, but if you don't want something to happen to your pet keep it under control. I am a big believer in the leash laws. It's one thing if your dog gets loose and he runs over to the neighbors and the guy shoots it just out of spite. That is pretty messed up. That is not what we are talking about though, we are talking about a pack of dogs that run at will and the owners make no effort to control them. Or least that is how I understand it. I can't believe they haven't been picked up yet.

You could try Zrexplots idea, but I would check and make sure it's legal where you live. Laws very greatly from area to area. I believe in some areas you could kill them legally regardless of whether they were a threat or not, other areas you might have to be able to prove they were going to harm you.

I like Robs idea about the dog pound as well. You could probably get away with just keeping them at your house and calling the dog warden to come get it. After a few trips out there they will get pretty tired of doing it and might put a little more pressure on the owners.

I hope things work out for you. Like I said, being that you have already involved the authorities I would really refrain from doing anything drastic that could backfire on you. It would be a shame for you to lose your right to own a firearm over something like this.

Paul
Old 09-05-2008, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

A while back there was a big problem in my area with people letting their dogs run on other people's property and running deer. The people who owned them were warned several times to keep their dogs on their own property and the owners didn't do anything about it. My neighbors finally had enough of it and thinned a few of them out. I don't know how theowners found out who it was that did it, but the my neighbors ended up getting into A LOT of hot water and ended up in court over the whole thing.

It's not worth going that route in my opinion.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Problem is, probably some good animals going to suffer because of fools for owners. You harm them after all the ruckus, you, more than likely will go down for it.

I say catch 'em and take them to the animal shelter as strays. Whatever you decide though, please don't poison them. To indiscriminate, and horrible way to go.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just noticed that your from Steuben County. Get ahold of DEC Officer Huellet. Tell him T.MAC said he'd know what to do and how to handle it. It will get before a judge, before too long.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:40 PM
Fork Horn

let the authorities handle it if that doesnt solve it take actions into your own hands
Old 09-05-2008, 06:58 PM

My neighbors keep losing their dogs. I bet someone is stealing them!

Quick Reply: How do you control neighbors dogs??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.