HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   What do ya'll do when not hunting (JOB) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/260590-what-do-yall-do-when-not-hunting-job.html)

L8KER 08-30-2008 10:38 PM

What do ya'll do when not hunting (JOB)

Just wonering what everybody does for a day/night job when not tracking the ever elusive whitetail. I am a registered nurse at the University of Michigan. I work in the Cardio-Thoracic-Vascular ICU. I do the night shift 7P-7A. been doing it for 9 years now.

dprsdhunter 08-30-2008 10:47 PM

RE: What do ya'll do when not hunting (JOB)

Lineman--electric co-op

Canuck_2 08-30-2008 10:56 PM

Nuthin'.:) Actually, not quite true. I'm supposed to be retired, from teaching high school and doing geology. I still take on the odd project if I can have things my way;)and I worked mid May to mid July this summer. Now nobody can tempt me until after hunting season.

Wlfdg 08-30-2008 10:58 PM

I am a Lic. Massage Therapist, work in a mountaineering store part time in summer, porter(sherpa) gear and in winter/spring I do research and development for a backcountry ski and snowboard company (climb mountains on a splitboard and snowboard down them all day). I used to be a pro. kickboxer,but, you can only take those shots for so long.

mossberghunter93 08-30-2008 11:19 PM

i am a professional model u probably have seen me in playgirl

ElkNutz 08-30-2008 11:54 PM

I have a governmet job as a heavy equipment operator for a large rural Water District full time, going on ten years. Aside from that I work part time at a gravel pit (20-30 hours a week thru the spring, summer, early fall) to afford the "best" in hunting equipment. The pit is also one of my best deer hunting spots.The Boss out there came to me a few weeks back and said "You know it's been 3 years and I have never given you a raise". I said..."You let me hunt out here thats good'nuff of a raise for me".

halcon 08-31-2008 12:30 AM

Retired construction supt. / rancher

n.florida hunter 08-31-2008 12:37 AM

I am the nightshift millwright and welder supervisor at a sawmill and mulch plant.

huntnma 08-31-2008 03:59 AM

I'm a wildlife tech. for Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC)

White-tail-deer 08-31-2008 05:32 AM

Industrial Controls Sales. I sell automation products to manufacturing facilities.