Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 any hunting shows worth watching? >

any hunting shows worth watching?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

any hunting shows worth watching?

Old 08-25-2008, 08:13 PM

Default any hunting shows worth watching?

it rained most of the weekend here in north east alabama, so i found myself sitting around watchin hunting shows most of the time. i noticed, none of them starred a man who just got done working a 50 hour week and only had about 4 hours to hunt saturday evening because he had to get home and take care of his kids. where are the shows for people who cant afford ranch hunts or high dollar leases? if there are any, let me know, it might rain again next weekend.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:19 PM

Default RE: any hunting shows worth watching?

relentless pursuit is pretty good.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:33 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: cromer01

it rained most of the weekend here in north east alabama, so i found myself sitting around watchin hunting shows most of the time. i noticed, none of them starred a man who just got done working a 50 hour week and only had about 4 hours to hunt saturday evening because he had to get home and take care of his kids. where are the shows for people who cant afford ranch hunts or high dollar leases? if there are any, let me know, it might rain again next weekend.
Sadly there arent any but.... if you want in your 4 hours i could film for you but i will be at the stand an hour after you and leave an hour before you because i only seem to have 2 hours of free time..... lol. we should be able to spank a monster or two and get some good footage. Geez i cant wait to retire.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:39 PM

It seems that, for some reason, the producers of those shows think that all anybody wants to see is big racks on their deer. They also think that the hosts of these shows need to be funny but most come off looking like idiots. Id like to see a show where they just hunting the land and give tips and information about the hunt, and if somehow that becomes funny then great, but dont make the hosts force it. My new least favorite show has to be McMillan River Adventures - cant stand the host.

Sorry for the ramble guys, but its getting late for me.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used to like watching Ted Nugent hunt.One of his movieswas the first time I had ever saw a doe shot on camera. I look back on it now and it seems like no big deal, but back then that was something really different. I remember thinking "Wow, I can't believe they showed that on there". And the amazing thing to me was how happy he was about it. To me, that said a lot. I thought I had finally found a "TV hunter" who hunted like I did. And I was excited when he got his own show, and the first season wasn't bad... From the second season on it's another story.

Now it's a 20 minute theme song and one high fenced hunt in Texas over bait. I like watching The best and worst of Tred Barta now. In the few times I've watched the show I don't think I've seen him kill anything, but he's the only hunter on TV that I know of that hunts with a longbow.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:28 AM

I'll watch anything with greg miller, Stan Potts, Eddie Sadler, and Pat reeves. All of them are big deer hunter i know they don't work 50 hour weeks, but i really enjoy watching them especially Greg and stan, they actually take some time to educate....
Old 08-26-2008, 07:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

All you guys who want to see Jimbob down the road shoot a dink buck after work should all go out and make your own videos. Then pitch your shaky, fuzzy footage of a forkie being shot to the hunting shows and see how hard they laugh at you.

Common sense should tell you that a guy working 50 hrs a week, has kids & gets only a couple hours a week to hunt is NOT going to be able to make a video. Demand all you want, but you aren’t going to get it, unless you are superman and do it yourself.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:39 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

All you guys who want to see Jimbob down the road shoot a dink buck after work should all go out and make your own videos. Then pitch your shaky, fuzzy footage of a forkie being shot to the hunting shows and see how hard they laugh at you.

Common sense should tell you that a guy working 50 hrs a week, has kids & gets only a couple hours a week to hunt is NOT going to be able to make a video. Demand all you want, but you aren’t going to get it, unless you are superman and do it yourself.

SAD BUT TRUE
Old 08-26-2008, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not any new ones, they all are way too concerned with showin off their equipment and jazzin up the lines tryin to make it funny. Well, they aren't funny, just corny. The only hunting shows I will watch are OLD VHS tapes of guys huntin back in the 80's and early 90's. They concentrate on actually hunting, and even though they aren't meaning to be funny, they will constantly crack you up with some of the things they say.....especially videos from southern hunters that are straight from the backwoods. It'll keep you laughing, but if you find the right one, you will actually learn a few things even though the video is very old. I don't learn a damn thing from videos today, they are worthless. Last night a buddy and I watched one of Roger Ragland's videos from the late 80's, those rednecks are hilarious and know how to find a sure enough dominant buck in an area. They take you along with em on scouting trips, stand placement, and great footage of a hunt.........actually longer than 2 minutes unlike todays shows. The biggest buck they killed was about a 120" 8 point. They killed a messed up rack cull 3 point, a broken main beam 7 point, a 6 point, and a doe. They were all so damn excited it was funny, but hell they hunted for meat and for enjoyment of what God gave em, not to see which rich yankee can out-do the other with their pretty little bows and neat little toys. Go ahead and pick fun at JimBob and other hard working hunters mr. rybo, half of them would out-hunt you on your best day and their worst daybud. Today's stuff sucks, and you can tell Waddell and his buddies I said that.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is my take on the topic: http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2987154

Quick Reply: any hunting shows worth watching?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.