Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 How long before you hunt do you put out your portable blind or stand? >

How long before you hunt do you put out your portable blind or stand?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How long before you hunt do you put out your portable blind or stand?

Old 08-24-2008, 07:05 PM

Default How long before you hunt do you put out your portable blind or stand?

How long before you hunt do you put out/set up your portable blind or stand?

I just put out my blind for September 27th bowseason.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How long before you hunt do you put out your portable blind or stand?

I like to get my stands up a couple months before so the commotion will settle down. My blind I have yet to set up and Sept 15th is coming fast.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How long before you hunt do you put out your portable blind or stand?

It depends on the situation, the way i see it you cannot hunt out of it untill it is up. we have put some up and then hunted out of that night.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

A litte over a month and then again we have had success out of blinds and stands hung just a week or less before.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

My ladder stands stay up year around on private land. If I use my ground blind since I'm about 4 hours away from where I hunt I usually just set it up the morning before opening day.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Try to have mine up a couple of weeks before the season opens,brush
it in and let them get used to it!
Old 08-24-2008, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Actually, come next Sunday I will be putting out my blinds. I like to give at least a month for the deer to become used to it. I don't think a month is necessary, but it doesn't hurt. The last thing I want to do is spook a deer with something new on opening day.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

My blind has been out since turkey season
Old 08-25-2008, 07:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just put my bear blind out yesterday for next Tuesday...

Old 08-25-2008, 07:05 AM
Typical Buck

If I can, I prefer to have all my stands hung by the end of July. Our season opens in the middle of Sept.

Quick Reply: How long before you hunt do you put out your portable blind or stand?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.