Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

[Deleted]

Old 03-10-2003, 03:10 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-10-2003, 03:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Military members, should they get special hunting privledges?

Not to be short, but no. Seasons are designed for preservation and improvement of the wildlife. Most hunting seasons just ended and that was the time for hunting, and turkey season is just starting if they want to hunt.
Old 03-10-2003, 06:02 PM

they do get special hunting areas though.........
Old 03-10-2003, 09:31 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-11-2003, 07:18 AM

I am with Darby. These people may not be able to hunt during the " season" because they are overseas making sure that we are safe. They are out there saving my a$$, so if they want to shoot a deer in August, let them.
Old 03-11-2003, 07:27 AM

First off I' m not being disrespectfull to our military, but the answer is no. The military is not pushed on anyone, they are there by choice. When they have completed there time they will have time to hunt. I was in the military and they do get some benifits towards hunting, but I don' t think hunting out of season should be one.
Old 03-11-2003, 08:17 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-11-2003, 08:09 PM
Fork Horn

Easy answer - no way! Here in Iowa our military people, when home on leave, can hunt or fish whatever is in season without a license and that is great, but that' s enough. Before you think bad of me, remember I have a son I love very much who is in Kuwait right now and he loves to fish and hunt. He has shot bigger deer and caught bigger bass than I have and I' d bet my favorite muzzleloader, he wouldn' t think it right to shoot a deer out of season. The seasons and bag limits are established for a reason and we should ALL stick to them. Jim
Old 03-12-2003, 05:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with Timbercruiser, season times are set with a purpose, and also what 2eagles said is right too! So no special season is needed!
Old 03-12-2003, 05:23 AM

A special out of season hunt? NO. Do I think that a person in the military, on active duty, should have to pay for a licenes to hunt or fish? NO. Now, don' t get me wrong I spent 20yrs in the service and would have loved to hunt anytime I got leave or sent someplace that had hunting avalible, but the seasons are there for a reason and should be respected by all that hunt. With a little effort and some planning most military personnel can hunt in places you and I as civilains can' t. I know this first hand. Being that as it may, a speacial season(out of season) is not a good idea.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.