Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer Cane?

Old 08-14-2008, 08:57 AM
Fork Horn

Default Deer Cane?

has anyone here had any luck with deer cane? i bought a gallon the other day to try it.. any suggestions..any recipes to mix it with?
Old 08-14-2008, 09:01 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Deer Cane?

have you tried plain old rice bran. it works just as well and is ALOT cheaper.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:07 AM

I have great success with deer cane, but only the liquid! I dont mix it with anything i just find an area with cover off a trail and boom they hit it like no other!
Old 08-14-2008, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

thats my favorite bait, the deer will make 2 foot holes where u put it out....i only use the liquid tho
Old 08-14-2008, 10:55 AM
Fork Horn

Never had any luck with it at all. I'm sticking with corn.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:39 AM
Fork Horn

i've always used corn.. butbought a gallon the other day just to see..

we made a mix last year that they hit like crazy.. like rice krispies cereal, syrup,mollasis, peanut butter and some acorns... i think

Old 08-14-2008, 11:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

I put some out about a week & 1/2 ago. I checked it after 1 week... some tracks in it, but not torn up...

Old 08-14-2008, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love it, i used the powder which is a pain to get out in the woods with 5 gallons of water... I just did that yesterday and went to put my camera up and they already hit it, but im buying some liquid stuff this weekend so we'll see wat one is better... Good luck
Old 08-15-2008, 06:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

How long do most people notice it takes to get hit?

Old 08-15-2008, 10:05 AM
Fork Horn

i dont know where i want to put mine.. the 30 acresi live on has deer but we have too much activity in the woods for various reasons and i wont be hunting here too much.. i'm hunting with my best friends brother who hunts about 1000 acres and then a hundred or so of swamp land. last year there was a good sized 6 pt in there that we let walk. there was a cowhorn in there too that of course they let walk. this year hopefully we've got a decent 8 and a walker 4pt. thespike was seen at thefirst blind .. and the 6 at the second blind. my stand this year was put up dead in the middle so hopefully i'm in a good spot. going to put a mineral block in there soon so they'll have some movement in there at the tail end of pre-rut

Quick Reply: Deer Cane?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.