Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

private or public?

Old 03-09-2003, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default private or public?

Do you hunt private or public land?How is the game population and hunting pressure?I hunt 75% private,and 25% public in PA.On the public land you can get back in and away from hunters but the deer populations on most public or state land is declining due to herd reductions.
Old 03-09-2003, 09:16 PM

Default RE: private or public?

I do my bowhunting on private land, but my rifle hunting is on public land. not too much hunting pressure.

Welcome to the board!!!
Old 03-09-2003, 10:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Most of my hunting is on private land that me and the wife own but I do have a couple of pretty good spots that' s open to hunting with some pretty decent buck on it.I only hunt these areas during archery-it gets hammered pretty hard during the gun season.
Old 03-09-2003, 10:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here in East Texas I do all of my hunting on private land. There are too many hunters competing for the public land. There are some really good public hunting spots, some maybe as good or better than some private lands. With all the pressure though, I feel safer on private property!
Old 03-09-2003, 10:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

I do all of my whitetail hunting on private land with the exception of a special draw on a military base.I hunt mule deer primarily on community grazing leases.Hunting pressure is very low on the land I hunt in saskatchewan and alberta with the exception of the military base I sometimes draw tags for.
Old 03-09-2003, 10:17 PM
Matriarch Doe!

I do all my hunting on public land. The animal populations are all good, especially if you' re willing to get out of the truck and walk in.
Old 03-10-2003, 05:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

All my hunting is done on public land. Getting permission to hunt on private land is quite a job and hard to do. Lots of areas are reserved for hunters who have been hunting there for years or hunters that are family menbers from land owners. The hunting pressure is quite high on the public land so I have to be carefull when hunting and the deer population is not that great..
Old 03-10-2003, 05:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

I hunt public land and do pretty well although I' ve had other hunters mess up some good shooting opportunities I' ve also used others to my advantage.
Old 03-10-2003, 06:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

100% leased or family owned land. Last time I tied public land (about 27 years ago) I said never more.
Old 03-10-2003, 06:33 AM

All of the land that I hunt is private. I hunt mostly with a bow, but also shotgun hunt for a week every year.

Quick Reply: private or public?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.