Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

3D Topo maps

Old 03-09-2003, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default 3D Topo maps

I found a neat site where you can get a 3-D topo map of just about anywhere in North America. I used it yesterday and zoomed in on right where I hunted in December. Check it out
Oh yeah, almost forgot, its FREE[:-]
Old 03-09-2003, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 3D Topo maps

thats a neat site you found. thnks for sharing
Old 03-09-2003, 02:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Man , thats some site. I pulled up southern Mo. and found ragan spring, Just lays behind my house about 1/4 of a mile. Cool site.
Old 03-29-2003, 04:06 PM

Pretty cool, thanks for the link.[8D]
Old 03-31-2003, 04:50 PM

Tried the site. Wouldn' t pull up my area, and would not zoom adequate to see land features. I found that the government' s Terraserver site zooms in much better and will show many particulars, such as houses, barns, driveways, etc. It even shows my 8 acre lake in my bacfkyard and you can even make out the boathouse by the shoreline. Try this site; Terraserver.microsoft.com. The photos for my area was taken in 1986, so some changes don' t show.
Old 03-31-2003, 06:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Russ otten Just want to thank you for the site. Its aerial views of where I Hunt put alot of things in perspective. I always wanted a view like this but couldn' t find a site. Got to a point where I was going to take the wife on a charter plane ride. Thanks again. Saves alot of walking. The photos where I hunt were taken in 95 so they are pretty acurate although a couple of fields did turn into houses just 2 years ago.
Old 03-31-2003, 08:55 PM

Jerseyhunter,
There is only one flaw in the site that I have found. Due to the terrorist situation, many certain areas have been blanked. Those that show government buildings, such as court houses, post offices, etc. We tried to pick out a hunter friend' s house and it would not show. Seems 2 blocks from his house is a federal court building. So, there will be blanks in their aerial views, and I understand why. But for a hunter looking for rural areas, the site is really a good one.
Old 04-01-2003, 10:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yes it is. I would recommend it to all.
Old 04-01-2003, 11:58 AM

Thanks for the site, it was a little fuzzy when I zoomed in, but anytime I can find a map, it helps.
Old 04-04-2003, 08:56 AM

Nice map, but I think I found one that sits better in some spots. It Terraserver.com It gives you a ariel sattelite view of anywhere. You can zoom in on your own house if you want to, it' s not 3-D, but you actually see the terrain which kept me from going into a few bad spots. Hope you like it!

Quick Reply: 3D Topo maps

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.