Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 HOW IMPORTANT IS IT TO BE CONCEALED WHILE IN YOUR STAND? >

HOW IMPORTANT IS IT TO BE CONCEALED WHILE IN YOUR STAND?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

HOW IMPORTANT IS IT TO BE CONCEALED WHILE IN YOUR STAND?

Old 08-05-2008, 12:47 PM

Default HOW IMPORTANT IS IT TO BE CONCEALED WHILE IN YOUR STAND?

I myself.. find it very important, probably just as important as being scent free. Question is what is the easiest way to do it without having to carry in all that material to wrap around your stand, that within a few weeks you have to go out and purchase another 5 to 6 yards of the stuff.and it's not cheap.
why not just wrap your stand in dollar bills , heck there green.. and what about hunters that don't have permanent stands, but use climbers..and bring in there backpack with other gear
they want to use. just the thought of carrying in a separate blind for your climber can turn your stomach..
any solutions? let me know what you think..
Old 08-05-2008, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: HOW IMPORTANT IS IT TO BE CONCEALED WHILE IN YOUR STAND?

I carry a searate pack along with my self climber - no problem.
Being concealed in your blind is important but nothing is as important as (trying) to be as scent free as possible and hunting the wind.

You can be 100% concealed but if that deer picks up your scent, you'll never know he was ever there.
Nothing is a close second to scent control.
Just my 2 cents....
Old 08-05-2008, 01:49 PM

I usually try to place my stands in a spot with some cover around me. It is hard to avoid detection if you stick out like a sore thumb. Also makes any movement hard to get away with--like raising the rifle or drawing the bow. Climbing high in a climber helps, but I don't like to depend on just that.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

concealment is just as important as being scent free. unless hunting inside an enclosed blind or "condo/tower" stand, camo is a MUST. if i hunted in a blind or "condo/tower" stand i wouldn't even wear camo because the deer can't see you anyways...it would be a waste of time.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:02 AM
Fork Horn

Wear gloves, facemask, and a good camo pattern that is not faded and blends in well with the surroundings. Realtree AP works a lot of different places. The Mossy Oak Treestand looks like it would too. 3D camouflage is amazing. I always wear a 3D jacket bowhunting and turkey hunting. This one in particular.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...009000_600-9-1

While wrapping your stand with fabric or something sounds like a good idea, you have to be careful not to make a huge blob of a silhouette up in the tree. Finding a spot with great natural backcover is very important as well.

Old 08-06-2008, 07:51 AM
Fork Horn

I wear a facemask and camoshirt when in the blind plus shorts. I was in the blind a couple of weeks ago and it was so stinkin hot that when I ran out of scent cover and the wind shifted the hogs busted me pronto! Scent is important when you are sweting in a blind.

Jayson
Old 08-06-2008, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a cameraman with me 100% of the time, and litterally ignore the amout of cover in a tree. I set-up based on the specific location I need to be at - and where I have the wind in my favor.

I wear Predator camo - which is what makes the difference. Can't get away with two dudes in a tree wearing blob camo. Just doesn't work....
Old 08-06-2008, 01:47 PM

THEN LOOK INTO THE BACKPACK BLIND CONCEALMENT SYSTEM
WWW.BEYONDBACKPACKS.COM

I BET YOU WILL LOVE ONE..
Old 08-06-2008, 01:47 PM

THEN LOOK INTO THE BACKPACK BLIND CONCEALMENT SYSTEM
WWW.BEYONDBACKPACKS.COM

I BET YOU WILL LOVE ONE..
Old 08-06-2008, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

That system doesn't work for my style of hunting. Blob camo is blob camo. The only cover we need is our camo - to BREAK UP the outline. That is what camo is supposed to do, not look good on a rack with tons and tons of detail that just blends together when you get further than 3 feet away....

When hunting on the ground, nearly any camo works decent. It doesn't need to break up your outline against the sky, which is what very few camo patterns do well. Predator Fall Gray and Intrusion treeline are the only patterns on the market IMO that do this well.

Quick Reply: HOW IMPORTANT IS IT TO BE CONCEALED WHILE IN YOUR STAND?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.