Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 this just baffles me-a lack of good racks >

this just baffles me-a lack of good racks

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

this just baffles me-a lack of good racks

Old 08-04-2008, 01:44 PM

Default RE: this just baffles me-a lack of good racks

there is absolutely no other people that hunt any of the land around me, only 5 people have access and only i use it often...but whoever said that they probably come out only at night-i think is right, because ive seen 1 good one 3x (same deer)and he runs through my yard at dusk and occasionally i see him in the bean field after dark when i turn on my driveway light

but yesterday i got bored and took some spraypaint and a hatchet and hopped on my 4-wheeler to look for good spots for some stands/blinds, and some of the buck tracks i found on the edge of that corn field were 5 INCHES LONG! i had to check my pants...so thanks u guys, nowi know theyre there
Old 08-11-2008, 01:32 PM

i saw a nice 140 class typicalin the bean field thursday around 730-i know theyre there, thanks again guys
Old 08-11-2008, 03:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

If your place is like mine, I see lots of does, fawns, and a few small 1 1/2 yr. olds during the Summer and early Fall. About the last week of October, the buck gates open and I startseeing olderbucks, some good ones, til about mid December. You will start seeing larger bucks when the pre rut and rut gets closer.
Old 08-11-2008, 03:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

I agree with superstrutter, bucks are not moving much yet.. Once the pre rut starts up you will start to see them appear again. Here it is the same thing with mostly yearlings and a few does with lambs showing up right now. I wouldn't worry about it to much. Once the weather starts cooling down and the pre rut starts the bucks will start moving again.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:33 AM

yes i have seen an inordinate amount of large does and fawns, with 1-2.5 yr old bucks scattered about, i sure hope the big bucks show up-cuz i know theyre there, cant wat for the rut!