Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Remember that $15,000 EBAY elk hunt ??? >

Remember that $15,000 EBAY elk hunt ???

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Remember that $15,000 EBAY elk hunt ???

Old 01-21-2002, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Remember that $15,000 EBAY elk hunt ???

This is an email I recieved from the guy concerning my email to him and my reply back ... names are XXXX'd out

" XXX XXXXX -

You have every right to offer this animal up for a kill, but it is NOT a hunt. Fair chase rules do not apply here. Perhaps EBAY doesn't have a place to list these types of opportunities, but they sure aren't hunts by any stretch of the imagination. I have had many, many deer spot me in trees - that they cannot is false. The week in Colorado IS the hunt XXXX , the hunt encompasses the camping, the comraderie, the enjoyment of the wilderness and the difficulty surrounding the hunt itsself - the actual kill is a very small part of the hunt.

Everyone, and I DO mean everyone, thats been involved in my conversations on this agrees that its NOT a hunt, its more like going out and killing farmer Brown's dairy cow. Again, you have the right to do that, but I don't think you should confuse it with hunting.

Brad

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, January 20, 2002 7:36 PM
To: XXXXXXX
Subject: Re red deer hunt

For one thing if the fenced in area were all 216 acred you would not be able
to kill the elk. This hunt may not be the hunt for you. We are providing a
hunt for those people who do not have time to go out west. if you do not
like it fine, that is your choice. For one thing this is not a unwild animal
so why dont you ask next time before you open your mouth. This elk went over
a 7 foot fence. After hearing that then ask yourself if it is tame or if it
wild. When people hunt from a treestand the hunter takes away most of the
senses of the animal. Is this still a hunt. I think that you will say that
it is. You may not like it but it is an alternative to spending a week in
Colorado with no guarentee that you are going to harvest an animal. XXXX XXXXXX

I still stand by that, it aint hunting and to call it that is like saying the Jeep commercial wan't anti-hunting, and that sportsman boycotting KMART and Smith and Wesson wasn't part of their financial problems.
Old 01-21-2002, 11:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Remember that $15,000 EBAY elk hunt ???

Obviously by his reply this guy is nothing but a jerk and has never hunted, at least not real hunting!

The Tazman
Old 01-21-2002, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Stealthy, While I agree that this is not really a "Hunt" per-se. If I thought that someone would give me that much money to come on my property and kill an animal, I would jump all over the oppertunity.

Where there is a market, there must be a supplier.

This guy is simply capitalizing on a demand.

Edited by - Dave590 on 01/21/2002 13:12:36
Old 01-21-2002, 12:29 PM

My own opinion is if you can afford to pay $15,000 for a hunt for one animal you are in the class of people who can take off and can afford it.So I don't buy the story of they are offering people a chance to hunt who can't go out west.If that is the case then why charge 15,000, why not 2 to 3 thousand,
more hunts,give more of these people you seem to be worried about.I don't buy it using game to benefit yourself.What happened to {Hunting} going out in the wild finding your game yourself, and finding satisfaction that {you} were successful.That is what I call (HUNTING).
Old 01-21-2002, 12:42 PM

obviously this "dude" has never hunted from a treestand i think deer know to look up for danger and as for the elk hunt if its i a fence its in a fence its not fair anyway you look at it if they aint got the time they shouldnt be "hunting" they should find something they do have time for as for calling it "hunting" the man should have called it shooting onlyh thing that could make killing an animal in a fence would be to teach the animal how to shooot and give it a gun.
Old 01-21-2002, 01:46 PM

If ya'll pay the 15,000 I will go to that ZOO and kill that elk with a salad fork just to prove a point. And bring your video cameras.
Old 01-21-2002, 02:25 PM
Super Moderator

This is the sad mentality some people have now days. Yes it may be his elk he had been breeding for his elk "ranch", and he has that right I suppose to be paid, but it is not a hunt by any stretch of the imagination! He would have been much more accurate by advertising $15,000 for someone to come out west and kill his once prized breeding bull elk.
Old 01-21-2002, 04:05 PM
Typical Buck

The sadder thing is someone will pay 15 grand. Then he will go back to his office, offer a party, and PRESTO! you have a hero that killed an elk or deer or whatever that was> That was the best thing I ever tasted. I went to a party like that once. The guy talked about this big deer he shot. Then started cooking it for his friends. I offered to take him huntung at my place, but he had to fly to London or Tokyo or someplace the next day. I'v asked him to hunt several times since and he always has something more important to do. OK. Just go ahead and plop down 15,000. Fine with me. That leaves more of the real stuff for me and ya'll. Good Luck. Capt Brad.
Old 01-21-2002, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY AND THAT GUY IS A JERK.
Old 01-21-2002, 09:39 PM

i'll chip n a $5 of the $15.000 just 2 c "natty bumpo" kill that elk w/a salad fork! any other investors? we'll make a fortune selling the video 2 americas funniest or who ever! lol

Quick Reply: Remember that $15,000 EBAY elk hunt ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.