Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

please help

Old 07-30-2008, 08:00 PM
8mm
Typical Buck

Default please help

I have put corn and a salt block out and have had it out for two weeks i have a trail cam out and have been getting pics of a doe and her baby and a small 8 pointer I have never used a salt block or corn before so i was just wondering if the bigger bucks will come in herelater should i just give it some time or aretheynot in my vacinity that im huntingand should just pick up my block and move to a different spot
Old 07-30-2008, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: please help

I have noticed that this time of year I don't get much big buck activity at feeders and when they do decide to start coming in they will most of the time come in at night.....I set my mineral sites up away from feeders in a remote area and have better luck with bigger deer where they feel comfortable...2 weeks isn't very long to have it out, just be patient and you should see more activity as time goes on...Good luck...
Old 07-30-2008, 08:11 PM
8mm
Typical Buck

ok thank u very much for ur input an good luck to u
Old 07-30-2008, 08:59 PM

ORIGINAL: 8mm

I have put corn and a salt block out and have had it out for two weeks i have a trail cam out and have been getting pics of a doe and her baby and a small 8 pointer I have never used a salt block or corn before so i was just wondering if the bigger bucks will come in herelater should i just give it some time or aretheynot in my vacinity that im huntingand should just pick up my block and move to a different spot
Give it a little more time for them to find it, I would wait a good three weeks or so before even checking your camera again.

Also in my experience it is better to scrape out a spot and disolve the salt or mineral lick intio the dirt. Bust it up and spread it out and when it rains it will dissolve into that spot....... it will be much more effective. and I have made them to last a few years and the deer will just keep digging it out it will get bigger.