Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 thermocell insect repellant??? >

thermocell insect repellant???

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

thermocell insect repellant???

Old 07-27-2008, 03:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: thermocell insect repellant???

cool thanks for the info... I was gonna post exactly this question myself!
Gerard
Old 07-27-2008, 08:11 PM
Spike

Marquette,
I have used them for the last 5 seasons and wouldn't go into the woods without it now. Where we hunt, archery comes in August 15th with 95 degree weather and mosquitoesas big asdragon flies. We tried everything including Shannon's Bugtamer, it worked to keep them from biting but the mosquitoes were so loud buzzing around your head that it was impossible to hear deer coming. Now, just I turn the thermacell on 10 minutes before I get to the stand (to warm it up) and hunt in shorts and a t-shirt. Granted, I try to cover up my white legs. I have had deer as close as under my stand and they did not spook from the smell (but I try to climb at least 25 feet so that might have something to do with it).
Old 07-27-2008, 11:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok either all of you have stock in this thing or your testomonials should be on the packaging! Thanks for all the feed back and I will be using one now for sure.

DEATH TO THE MOSQUITOES
Old 07-28-2008, 01:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

LOL....you'll be saying the same things we have after you use it.....
Old 07-28-2008, 03:52 AM

Hi, hunting is very interesting. It is full exciting and adventurous. I like the deer and lion hunting.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:52 AM
Spike

Have never used mine durning deer season but fully plan to this year, spring turkey season it did wonders. My little brother told me this weekend that they now have a scented pad for deer season. Woods scent or something...
Old 07-30-2008, 04:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jerseyhunter

I wouldn't go in the woods without one. I've had deer right underneath me , heck maybe it attracts them. It's worth its weight in gold.
x2
Old 07-30-2008, 04:47 AM
Typical Buck

I have two. I use them when setting up my stands in the summer and during the hunt
Old 07-30-2008, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Its a must have for early archery and spring turkey. I've had deer right under my stand and not spook.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:42 AM

Like everyone else is saying thermacell has worked great for me. I dont know how I use to hunt without one escpecially here in florida where they can be down right awful. I havent read all the posts on this thread but If you decide to get one you are going to save a littlebit of money on refills buying the $20 4-pack as opposed to the individual refills which are usually $5.99.

Quick Reply: thermocell insect repellant???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.