Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Scent-Lok or not?

Old 07-22-2008, 02:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default Scent-Lok or not?

I am a new bow hunter and just resently purchased a parker side-kick xp and did not no if scent-lok was needed?
Old 07-22-2008, 02:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Scent-Lok or not?

ha, no scent lok is not needed. i hope this thread doesnt get out of hand. welcome to the forums
Old 07-22-2008, 02:57 PM
Spike

If you are careful with your setup, with regards to wind direction, you should be alright without it. Also, if you are up in a tree stand, your scent profile has a better chance of dissipating and not being picked up (as opposed to being on the ground). However, if the wind is shifting a lot during the day, it is possible to have scent going in the direction you did not intend it to.

In the end, does it help - yes. Do you need it - no. What is the value added by having it - I am sure people will debate that for years. Just remember that good fundamentals of hunting (setup, scouting, accuracyetc) are always more important and will have more of an effect on a successful hunt than a value-add product like Scent-Lok.

Best of luck this season all the same.

-Reiksguard
Old 07-22-2008, 03:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

welcome, i'm not sure how many deer i have killed in my life (not bragging but alabama has very libreal limits[:@]), i don't own a scent lock suit, but i always pay attention to the wind
Old 07-22-2008, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Is it needed? NO....But does it help? YES I hunted without it for years and years but two years ago I bought a set and did some field trials and it works, if used properly!!!
Old 07-22-2008, 03:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Do you need it, no. Does it work, not like they want you to believe. Test with dogs finding people hidden wearing Scent Lok clothing has shown that most likely it doesn't work. Like MT, I've killed a pile of deer and I've never owned a set.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:46 PM

I like it for the quality of the clothing and it seems to help a little bit. I would say that if you have the extra cash and would like some good quality camo, then get it. If you don't have the extra $$$ find some other good camo.

Good Luck this fall

P
Old 07-22-2008, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Scent control is very important but Scent-Lok is not the answer. I suppose that is why they have lost their patents as well as endlessly getting sued. Save your money and spend it on other equipment you may be needing. The rant can start but tried to put it as simply as possible.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have bought some when it was on sale. I have been winded with it on, without it on, and I have been winded without it on and not winded without it on. Do I think it works? Maybe a little. Not enough to tell for sure. Good hunting clothes, though.

It would not be my top priority in spending for hunting gear, but if it isn't that much higher and you need cloths anyway, go for it.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Biggestcrock of crap ever created to separate a Hunter from his money!
You definately DO NOT need it!

Quick Reply: Scent-Lok or not?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.