Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

god gave me a sign to day

Old 07-17-2008, 07:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default god gave me a sign to day

well this morning around 930 i went to a friends then left and thought i will take a ride out to the lake
which is about 1 mile from my house

then i thought on the way not much to look at at 9 30 in the morning on a weekday so then i thought theres a hunting spot i want to look at right next to the dam

wel i drive around the lake come on the first of two fields with in 20 yards of each other
there were three turkeys most have been 15 to 20 pounds big turkeys

Well it is about 9 at night and i figure i will go out and check it out toward dark

i go out don't see much except a few mountain bike on the side of the acces road
which was odd due to it being flooded out

then i go around the road come to a grave road on since i was on my little scooter not going down it
i go back boom there in the first field again two deer one looked like a small buck but i could not realy tell if he had antlers or i just wanted him to be a buck the other was a doe or antlerless buck
both good size for a freezer deer

the only thing that worrys me is that it is right off the road i think it might get hit hard come hunting season atleast gun season
Old 07-18-2008, 01:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: god gave me a sign to day

I'll cross my fingers
Old 07-18-2008, 05:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

anytime you hunt anywhere there is easy access, you risk bumping elbows with other hunters
Old 07-18-2008, 08:26 AM
Fork Horn

That was kind of hard to read..
Old 07-18-2008, 10:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

ya i know i figure the field is about 200 yards by 100 andif i am the first there i will get the spot
and i will be hunting 7 days a week so i might just need to find other spot through the weekends and gun season
ORIGINAL: CamoCop

anytime you hunt anywhere there is easy access, you risk bumping elbows with other hunters
Old 07-18-2008, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

it's always better to have multiple spots, incase the wind is wrong and so you don't get "patterned" by the deer. if you continuously hunt the same stand day in and day out the deer will learn to avoid that area. hopefully it works out for you and you get to knock a big one down
Old 07-18-2008, 11:45 AM
Typical Buck

i agree with CamoCop there is always a risk of running into other hunters so be carefull and wear ur orange (hunt there you will never know if the spots good if you never try it)
Old 07-18-2008, 01:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

hm dont quite see how that was a sign from God, but good luck anyway.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

i have figured out 6 spots 3 of switch are fields with some kind of crop be it soybean or what ever
one is about 1/4 deep off the road switch is like a great muzzleloader
spot all open with some 4 foot high thickets with paths cut through them
ORIGINAL: CamoCop

it's always better to have multiple spots, incase the wind is wrong and so you don't get "patterned" by the deer. if you continuously hunt the same stand day in and day out the deer will learn to avoid that area. hopefully it works out for you and you get to knock a big one down
Old 07-18-2008, 01:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

lol well something just told me to drive out there yeasterday morning then at dusk

maybe more buck fever then god
been to hot here to scout
ORIGINAL: Rory/MO

hm dont quite see how that was a sign from God, but good luck anyway.

Quick Reply: god gave me a sign to day

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.