Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Does Skoal Apple really attract deer? >

Does Skoal Apple really attract deer?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Does Skoal Apple really attract deer?

Old 07-10-2008, 01:31 AM

Default Does Skoal Apple really attract deer?

Ok, so I've heard this a lot lately. People claim that they have actually had deer stop under their treestand to smell their spit.Maybe it's a stupid question, but if it works, why the hell not? I work for USSTC, so I get a lot of free samples, and I might try it in a few months.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Does Skoal Apple really attract deer?

I have never heard of that one. To bad that is the only Skoal I won't try. Can't stand apples.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:45 AM
Bartender

I am putting your butt in a apple tree stand for sure.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:30 AM

skoal peach would work lol jk
Old 07-10-2008, 04:22 PM

I have heard of people doing this. But i dont think it works. Skoal citrus was the only thing i had, and before i left the woods i took my spit bottle and emptied out the citrus spit in front of my game came. And I had a few pics of deer but it didnt look like anything of them stopped. They just kept on goin.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't care what type of tree I am in. I still won't hit the frame from it!! Just don't like apples. But if there are deer under it I am in it!
ORIGINAL: peakrut

I am putting your butt in a apple tree stand for sure.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:32 PM

Don't know about that, BUT I do know Kayak Grape flavor works.....
Old 07-11-2008, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

eeuucckkkk Kayak grape? I'm a big dipper ofskoal straight, but when I'm huntin I chew Levi Garrett. The sweeter tobacco smell gets em curious I know for a fact, I've seen it. Obviouslyyou can get way more tobacco juice out of chew than dip, so there's lessactual saliva in it when it hits the ground, its mostly thick tobacco juices. I've seen deer walk under my stand and lick a spit pile for a good 20 to 30 seconds and not spook. It masks your breath and mouth scent very well too. I was bow-huntin public land with a buddy last year and we had a nice 8 and a little basket6 come check out our two spit piles. They spooked after my buddy lost his balance trying to stand up. Not promoting tobacco b/c it'll rot your teeth for sure, but I think chew gets em curious more than half the time.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

If there are not any apple trees in the area you hunt then the apple smell would simple be forgien to them. Can't see how it would work.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have you really ever smelled Skoal Apple? This was on here a few months ago, so I went out and bought to try it. First, yuck, just gross tasting. Second, it did not smell anything like apple. I chew in the stand, Kodiak, I spit in a bottle and take it out with me.

Quick Reply: Does Skoal Apple really attract deer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.